how many cc's was your 1st motorcycle

First bike in the 70s when I was in single digit years was a Yamaha Enduro 80. Boy did we wreck that more than once!

Moved up to a Honda 4cyl probably 1000cc, but no title from dealer so they gave me credit at the Yamaha store where I bought a V-Max. Within 3 months I nearly killed myself - 1 week in the hospital, broken collarbone and road rash like you wouldn't believe.

Went to a Kawi ZX1000R a little later with a lot more respect, then a Magna 750, then to a Virago 1100 and then the Busa. And boy does she have my respect.

You did your friend a great big favor and an even bigger favor to his family. I'll buy the first round for you...

beerchug.gif

first bike with a motor(literally) was a moped at age 14 lol
got a '80 honda 100 enduro at 15
next was a zuke gs500e at 18
'74 honda 750 chopper at 23
'02 katana 750 2 yrs ago and finally
'06 busa last year
went almost nine yrs in between the chopper and the kat, which is why i went with the kat, to get used to rideing again.its a good bike to get ready for a busa because of the weight of the kat, handles kinda like a busa, only way less power, a little more forgiving
oh yeah also picked up a '93 cbr 900rr this past week for a spare to play on

I guess I'm going to have to buck the system lol.  I bought my busa brand new in '05 and it was my first bike and still is my only one.  Love it to death.  I bought it when I was 31 years old, after I completed a couple of safety courses.  I would not recommend it for a teen or early 20 year olds.  If you respect your bike it won't jack you up and or off of it lol.  I'm not a circus clown, I keep both wheels on the ground.

Edit: I did get many chances to ride a friend's Honda Trail 50 around his 3 acre yard if that counts lol, we were not allowed on the street with it at the age of 11 years old...

1st bike - Honda Moped 50cc @ 11 y/o  
argue.gif

2d bike Honda Dax ST70
guns.gif

1st Dirt bike - Yamaha TT500  
beerchug.gif

Honda XL200R
Suzuki Bandit
Triumph TT600

Now I have graduated to a Hayabusa.

a 1987 zx750 r
a heavy led sled i bought used zip stripped up the plastics a little modded up a osh can stage 2 jet kit and even some nice sprockets it was my lazyboy enduro hahah

Back