how many cc's was your 1st motorcycle

tourbus

Registered
I have a friend that wants a brand new hayabusa, he and i have had many discussions on what to start with, im saying sv 650 or equevelant. He says it cant be that hard and that he will be riding with me so i'll take my time with him blah blah blah, he has no idea whats involved. I started on a 1974 185 suzuki enduro and about the time i got that bike i also bought my 1st street bike a 1978 honda 400 hawk. I think a small cc bike when you have no experiance is hands down the way to go.

Honda Magna 750 was my first street bike. Great size for first bike, fast enough to have tons of fun, but keeps you out of trouble ... for the most part.

If I had to do it all over again, I would NOT by a Busa for my first bike

My first bike was an 81 Kawi 100KE enduro.
beerchug.gif

my first street bike was a '74 Honda, it was either a 400 or 450...i honestly don't think i would still be alive if i had started on a Busa

First dirt bike was a PW50 at age 3.
First street bike (moped really) was a YSR50 at age-10.
First real street bike was a CBR900RR at age-18...

My first bike was a Suzuki TW200 enduro. My first real street bike was a TL1000s. I looped it 4 months after buying it. If I had to do it over I would of got a 600cc.

Nice bikes guys!!! I started life on a Honda xl 75! First real road machine was a 81 Yamaha Virago 750! Road that and many more cruisers for along time before stepping up to a Rocket Ship!

80..... hahaha dirt bike XR80

My first street bike was a Ninja 600E (the E meant Extremely SLOW... and carbeurated)

My first street bike would top out at 42mph with me laying on the tank. It was an old Whizzer. From there it was an old Triumph 650 then they kept getting bigger.

Yamaha 100cc enduro 30+ years ago. The a 250 dirt bike and the first street machine was a 750 in the early eighties. I am glad to have grown up riding dirt on low power machines before I was old enough to get on the street. If I started out on a Busa I doubt I would still be among us. Some will make the leap but many will not and have dire consequences. Smaller bikes are more forgiving or newbie errors. I highly recommend a gradual escalation of power.

Back