how long to install and bleed brake lines?

ScottC

Registered
What would the average Suzuki shop charge me in hours to do this? I got a quote and thought 3 hours was a bit much???

PM Justin with Honda East. I can see a three hour charge. I've read too many horror stories on here with guys bleeding brakes, and you don't want brake fluid on anything. I do my own work but would pass on this job.

ok, just curious when they put new fluid in, should I ask for a type of brake fluid? (is there such thing as BEST here?)

Thanks by the way

They should go DOT 4 Zuki. To me it's all the same. I don't know how much improvement you'll feel bc I've never touched the brakes. Just make sure you get a feel for the new stuff. The Busa is a heavy girl and I saw a pic where a dude folded the front forks doing a stoppie, and you don't want to lock the front brake ......

They should go DOT 4 Zuki. To me it's all the same. I don't know how much improvement you'll feel bc I've never touched the brakes. Just make sure you get a feel for the new stuff. The Busa is a heavy girl and I saw a pic where a dude folded the front forks doing a stoppie, and you don't want to lock the front brake ......

I did that once on my 95 Honda CBR where a pickup truck pulled out infront of me on purpose one night, not only did he go real slow infront of me, he also drove slow as he went on past me. He never rolled down the window. I like to carry a nice pad lock in my bike back these days, I wish I had one then... I did the perfect indo! I've never had the guts to try it again!

PM Justin with Honda East. I can see a three hour charge. I've read too many horror stories on here with guys bleeding brakes, and you don't want brake fluid on anything. I do my own work but would pass on this job.

Service guys said about 3 hours also with installation and bleeding

I took me longer than 3 hours to drain, replace lines, and bleed when I put the SS lines on the GSXR.

Ok, thanks guys for all the feedback, it really put my mind at ease that I wasn't being over charged. Last 2 dealerships I have worked with have been shaddy as can be, not only to me but to everyone who works in the dealership.

hmm took me about an hr to do the front pair but i do it regular so easy to bleed (would have thought a shop would be same as they do them a lot too )

3 hrs is a piss take unless thats the rear and a clutch too:thumbsup:

dot 4 is fine and what they will use

I toke my 1 hr to do the clutch, front and rear brakes when I installed stainless lines. It was a breeze, but I have done a lot of brake work in the past so I guess it's just easy for me. With the busa MC's it's really easy. I can see 3hrs on a radial master cylinder if you never done one before.

Unless your time is extremely taxed and valuable, why not do this yourself?

That's a good vid, informative and well-explained.

Note they are using the Mity-Vac which like all jobs - get the right tool for the job.

Back