front brakes bleeding the system

johnny1980

Registered
I just bought new calipers and pads. I've bleed the system over and over still can't get the front brakes to work. Do I need to buy a vac system to do this properly? Anyone else ever have a hard time bleeding the front brakes?

Vac systems such as a mighty vac work best. Check out Ebay, I got a unit used (looked like just once) for $25 shipped! Made bleeding the brakes a breeze!

Check autozone and harbor frieght, that is where I got my mighty vac, without I had a hell of a time bleeding the front brakes, in my book its a must, with it it turns into a 3 minute job..

I got fluid to come out of both fronts but there is air definetly still in the system. I going to look a the mighty vac now thanks

Make sure the reservoir stays full the entire time too, it's not hard to suck air down into the lines if the fluid level gets too low. But for sure, try a vac system, things are so much easier sucking the air out rather than letting gravity take over.

You dont need to buy anything special to bleed the brakes. Just do it right and you can save yourself some $$ for riding gas or other upgrades. Pashnits video explains it all.

Last edited:
Back