08 hayabusa front brake bleeding with mity vac

johnny1980

Registered
I am still having trouble bleeding my brakes with a mity vac. Can someone please tell me the proper way to bleed the brakes? Keep being told diffrent ways

Are you pulling in the front brake lever to ensure no air is trapped at the master cylinder? You need to pressurize the vac, then release the bleed valve and keep pumping while fluid/air is pulled into the vac container. Once it's just fluid coming out tighten the bleed valve shut and do the other side. Do the left caliper first, then the right. You might need to do each a couple times. Make sure you pull in the front brake lever a few times to get all air out of the master. The total process should take no longer than 10 minutes start to finish. Also, while bleeding the calipers carefully monitor the reservoir to ensure it doesn't run low on brake fluid or you'll end up just sucking air back into the lines.

i've been doing the traditional method for a little while never had a problem with my 1k or my friends zx10 n a couple of other bikes where the master had a bleeder. any how i bought this mity vak 8500 just in case since i didn't see a bleeder on the master my question is do i push fluid into the system or suck fluid out i tried today once and fluid came thru and when it hit the connection tube air was in there like crazy but nothing from the bleeder strange normally you see the air coming thru the line.

so any help would be great i will also try tapping the master like in other post. i figured buying this mity vak would make it alot easier was i wrong?

bleed the clutch and rear with no problem only the fron it giving me head aches

Hey guys ran into a problem and don't want to start a thread but while changing my fork seals my little cousin came and jumped on my bike and pulled the brakes when I went for a nap.... This never happened to me but forgot to put something in between the calipers and now there shut closed... What should I do? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hey guys ran into a problem and don't want to start a thread but while changing my fork seals my little cousin came and jumped on my bike and pulled the brakes when I went for a nap.... This never happened to me but forgot to put something in between the calipers and now there shut closed... What should I do? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Open resivoir. As long as the brake pistons did not come off the caliper. Get a flat head screw driver, slide it inbetween the brake pads and gently pry the pads apart. You may want to bleed the brakes again.

Back