mity vac brake bleeder

pcosho

Registered
Just flushed out the clutch and front brakes. Tried the imfamous mity vac and didnt work to well. I dunno maybe it was a defective unit. Anyhow ended up not using it and just used the clutch and brake lever to get the job done. It was actually pretty easy just had to make sure the fluid didnt run empty! I just replaced my undertray last week and should have done the rear when I had it apart(some a hole backed into it at my wifes work and still hasnt paid for the damages:banghead:) but I didnt so I'll have to get it next time!:beerchug:

The problem with MityVac is that it may not get rid of trapped air. The traditional method does.

I also replaced bleed screws with fast bleeders (bleed screw with one way valve) in both calipers. You can use traditional method without ever touching the bleed screw.

been using a hand vac pump for years with no issues.Always get the air out because you are pulling the fluid not pushing which is bad on the seals because you push it past where it normally rides in the bore and can leak down the road.Make sure to bleed with the cap off the resevoir so the air can go to the top and escape.

Never had a problem with my mity vac, works like a champ and does it three times faster than traditional method.

The problem with MityVac is that it may not get rid of trapped air. The traditional method does.

I also replaced bleed screws with fast bleeders (bleed screw with one way valve) in both calipers. You can use traditional method without ever touching the bleed screw.

I have heard some bad things about "fast bleeder screws", i would never use those things from what i have read about them.

I dont like using em, do it the old fashion way, replaced the rear line on mine few days ago and couldnt get fluid out of the inner side of the caliper, put the mity on it and got it started, finished by hand :thumbsup:

I've used my Mity Vac on everything I have, from the bikes to the truck, never a problem. Best $30 I've spent for brake work.

Back