How fast is yours?

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
My mechanic:

Oil change and complete radiator flush, from the time I unbolt both fairings to the time I bolt 'em both back up: 90 minutes.

Going to the mechanic at the dealership:

30 minues drive over there.

IF he can start on it right then: 120 minutes for the work

30 minutes to drive home.

Bottom line, I save 90 minutes minimum by doing it myself, to say nothing of the money saved ( which I guess to be at least $110 ).

I love it!

--Wag--

I got mo time than money and enjoy the quality time I spend tinkering with my girl (Medusa).
biggrin.gif

Same here, all I need is a tire changer set-up  
wink.gif

And even if I'm a little slower, its done RIGHT. Torqued to spec, everything
biggrin.gif

I do all the work myself. I just don't trust anyone else. Paranoid? Maybe, but I worked as a mechanic for a long time. I saw what goes on behind the scenes.

Ps: cheapest tire machine I found so far is $1200 new.

My tire machine consists of 2 blocks of wood and some rim protectors. Takes a while but I get it done!
super.gif

My dealership in town actually agreed to install front and rear sprocket, chain, and cush rubbers all for one hour labor.

The dealership I BOUGHT it from said they would charge standard rates for each job whatever that came out to.
mad.gif

So yeah, I'm taking it to the one here in town- don't own the tools to do chain work. It'll be worth it to pay ONE hour labor- more than that, no way-complete ripoff when it's all in one area and takes only an hour or less to do!
rock.gif

I've got more money than time. I understand the satisfaction you get from doing things yourself ( I was a mechanic for 7 years).

I bought an extended warranty on the bike. I have no intention of doing anything except cleaning, and if there was a bikini bike wash here I wouldn't do that.
biggrin.gif

Dealership I bought my bike from has a 2-3 DAY
wow.gif
turnround for oil and filter change! The only thing I don't do myself is tires and brakes but that changes next weekends. A good friend has all the equipment to do tires and said he would charge only a 1/2 case of beer.
beerchug.gif

I wouldn't know...never had a mechanic do any of the routine maintenance stuff on Caesar...I enjoy tearing him down and seeing how many pieces are left over when I'm done
tounge.gif

(BusaBret @ Sep. 28 2007,10:32) Dealership I bought my bike from has a 2-3 DAY  
wow.gif
turnround for oil and filter change!
Wow, I drop mine off, go to lunch and come back to a completed service.

Back