How far do you all ride at once?

Comfortably done 1120kms/690 miles or so in one day.

Nice. cruise control, water bottles in the snatch sack, Jet (??) helmet.. In-flight refreshment service?

Nice. cruise control, water bottles in the snatch sack, Jet (??) helmet.. In-flight refreshment service?
Just a standard Arai helmet and water in the bag as we were partly remote so it’s a safety thing.

You had a time where there were no speed limits?

There'd be a lot of dead motorists around here if that ever happened.....they are nuts with speed limits, I could only imagine how crazy they'd be without any...
Yup Montana had no speed limits for years, even now any dirt road not posted is "reasonable" for the limit

Yup Montana had no speed limits for years, even now any dirt road not posted is "reasonable" for the limit
Sounds awesome...it would be well worth doing lots of testing there...

People are probably used to that and drive accordingly though....much like the Autobahn.....not everyone is out there going at mach speed....

Oh sure, until the pavement stops. 33 mi of this!!!!

IMG_2507.JPG

I'm in Puerto Rico so we have just enough road to ride non-stop on a good day about 1.5 hours before exiting the highway and hitting the first traffic light. That's doing the speed limit. :p

With stops, I've lapped the island on the Gen 3 in one afternoon/night, totalling about 400 miles.

The joys of having so much fun when I was young I guess...

There was a time when I basically lived on my bike so at least I have those memories....
I remember those days too, the bikes were more upright though I'm sure, like sitting in a chair at a kitchen table. I don't measure my rides in distance anymore but hours and 4 hours with 3 or so stops is about my limit. I'm on it every other day too so it's not from lack of practice :)

I remember those days too, the bikes were more upright though I'm sure, like sitting in a chair at a kitchen table. I don't measure my rides in distance anymore but hours and 4 hours with 3 or so stops is about my limit. I'm on it every other day too so it's not from lack of practice :)
My GSXR and FZR weren't very upright.....I raced the GSXR so I was on that thing a lot....I had two of them, one for the track only and one for the street, they were the exact same bike basically.

My GSXR and FZR weren't very upright.....I raced the GSXR so I was on that thing a lot.

Funny what we ride, I was never a racer boy, it was sports tourers for me, which is the hayabusa basically although more sports I'd say. Back in the early days it was the GS 750, the z1r kwaka, a 650 katana, pretty non-aggressive riding positions even though they had clipons. Even the ZZR 11 was pretty relaxing.

So far in one day (13h) I did 650km. It was about 300km on highway and the rest was on mountain roads / cities.
If I would consider staying just on highways I would be aiming in 1000-1200km in one day. That's pretty realistic on busa with cruise control :)

Back