Try it before you buy it?

Ricko101

Registered
Hello guys!

I’ve been reading this forum for quite some time now, trying to learn as much as possible about the Hayabusa. Thank you for all the valuable information you provide.

While reading the forum is awesome, I’ve also watched countless YouTube reviews and videos on the new Busa. I love its look, performance capabilities, and the fact that it’s probably the best real “sport” tourer out there, but I believe that the best way to decide on purchasing a motorcycle is to try it out. To me, that’s vital in making a decision. Considering the investment now days, you would think it would be a must. I’ve done test rides with BMWs S1000RR and GS Rallye, Ducati Panigale, etc., which I purchased knowing I would not regret them because of the extensive demo rides.

Do you know of any dealers in Southern California (I’m the Temecula area) that will allow test rides on a Busa? Why is it so hard to find a demo? Am I missing something? Did you guys have the opportunity to try before you purchased?

I’m still a bit hesitant in going with the Busa. I sat on it at a local dealer and inevitably you start comparing with the above-mentioned bikes I’ve had in the past. It seems so… big and bulky in comparison. I still have my GS, which I will keep, but I miss the sport riding. I’ve always wanted a Hayabusa, and at my age (53) I don’t go to tracks, but I do enjoy speed and occasional canyons, doing about 200-250 miles in one day. Sometime more…
The ’16 BMW S1000RR was by far the most comfortable sport bike I’ve had. Great bike indeed but still a liter bike designed for extreme riding…

Suggestions?

Thanks

That's a tough question but just as @pcs said, you'd be better served if you had a good friend who owned one...I highly doubt anyone would hand the keys over to their bike for someone to test ride.

Sometimes Suzuki has ride days at dealerships and you could get hold of one then?

Other than that, you rely on rider testimonials and moto-journalists and You Tube videos I guess...

There are a few gen 3 owners here....a good chat with a few of them might be worth your time.

If it's comfortable when you sit on it, you're good.
The rest of the bike will not disapoint you.
The Hayabusa has always been one of the best 'does everything well' motorcycles, and can be customized in many directions for whatever specific use(s) you have.
And, and S1k has a hard time with a gen2...I'm betting a flashed gen3 will eat it's lunch.

If it's comfortable when you sit on it, you're good.
The rest of the bike will not disapoint you.
The Hayabusa has always been one of the best 'does everything well' motorcycles, and can be customized in many directions for whatever specific use(s) you have.
And, and S1k has a hard time with a gen2...I'm betting a flashed gen3 will eat it's lunch.
I don't know about that....a tuned and well set up S1k is nothing to sneeze at.....

Reactions: prg
Hello guys!

I’ve been reading this forum for quite some time now, trying to learn as much as possible about the Hayabusa. Thank you for all the valuable information you provide.

While reading the forum is awesome, I’ve also watched countless YouTube reviews and videos on the new Busa. I love its look, performance capabilities, and the fact that it’s probably the best real “sport” tourer out there, but I believe that the best way to decide on purchasing a motorcycle is to try it out. To me, that’s vital in making a decision. Considering the investment now days, you would think it would be a must. I’ve done test rides with BMWs S1000RR and GS Rallye, Ducati Panigale, etc., which I purchased knowing I would not regret them because of the extensive demo rides.

Do you know of any dealers in Southern California (I’m the Temecula area) that will allow test rides on a Busa? Why is it so hard to find a demo? Am I missing something? Did you guys have the opportunity to try before you purchased?

I’m still a bit hesitant in going with the Busa. I sat on it at a local dealer and inevitably you start comparing with the above-mentioned bikes I’ve had in the past. It seems so… big and bulky in comparison. I still have my GS, which I will keep, but I miss the sport riding. I’ve always wanted a Hayabusa, and at my age (53) I don’t go to tracks, but I do enjoy speed and occasional canyons, doing about 200-250 miles in one day. Sometime more…
The ’16 BMW S1000RR was by far the most comfortable sport bike I’ve had. Great bike indeed but still a liter bike designed for extreme riding…

Suggestions?

Thanks
I am 73 have owned many motorcycles never road tested a single one ,and the Hayabusa is the best for me ,you will love this great machine! This is my new
toy to ride and respect !

F9DE77D4-D7FF-48BC-890C-2473570C7C97.jpeg

Shame you’re not down under, they are a dime a dozen in dealers as quite a lot of pre orders got canned once the promo bike landed and made the rounds.

I don't know about that....a tuned and well set up S1k is nothing to sneeze at.....
vs a piped and tuned gen2 with equal riders, an S1k can't walk away, only edge it out.
And to be apples vs oranges
wheelbase, width, weight, torque, street track bike vs sport tourer...their capabilities are very close.
My only point being, that if you had and S1k, and want a Busa(knowing they are 2 different animals)...you're not going to be disapointed with it's power, and probably be suprised with the torque.

vs a piped and tuned gen2 with equal riders, an S1k can't walk away, only edge it out.
And to be apples vs oranges
wheelbase, width, weight, torque, street track bike vs sport tourer...their capabilities are very close.
My only point being, that if you had and S1k, and want a Busa(knowing they are 2 different animals)...you're not going to be disapointed with it's power, and probably be suprised with the torque.
I feel you....my piped, flashed and tuned QS equipped gen 2 wasn't able to gain any traction on a stock 2021 S1k...he didn't walk away but I sure wasn't gaining any ground on him...that power to weight ratio just can't be overcome easily...

Keep in mind that the BMW's top speed is only higher than the Busa because non Japanese sportbike makers don't adhere to the 300kmph top speed restriction.
Once the gen3 ecu is cracked and flashed...that S1k is going down.
Top speed dont matter but almost 4 second quicker to 300 km/h we are talking about bussssssssss lengths.

B
Both were stock.
Yes...and the BMW's only limit is fueling to pass emissions.
The gen3 has more to come.
It will be alot closer than it is now.
Regardless, the point was that there is little difference in power between the 2, and it's not a direct comparison either, like the BMW vs the gsxr.

Keep in mind that the BMW's top speed is only higher than the Busa because non Japanese sportbike makers don't adhere to the 300kmph top speed restriction.
Once the gen3 ecu is cracked and flashed...that S1k is going down.
I'm skeptical that the ECU flash is going to be a huge difference with the Gen 3....there's not a whole lot more magic than the gen 2 other than stronger internals which will make it more boost friendly....I can't see the ECU holding it back that much...I may be proved wrong and I will be the first to say that.

I don't really compare the liter bikes to any Hayabusa...liter bikes are making around the same power and are over a hundred pounds less....

@sixpack577 it's almost as though Suzuki built the engine for a factory turbo but then decided to not go that route....based on the upgrades to the gen 2 motor they did, it's almost in line with what a turbo builder would do...or am I out to lunch on that too?

Suzuki then set it up for mid range power....where most people live...

I'm skeptical that the ECU flash is going to be a huge difference with the Gen 3....there's not a whole lot more magic than the gen 2 other than stronger internals which will make it more boost friendly....I can't see the ECU holding it back that much...I may be proved wrong and I will be the first to say that.

I don't really compare the liter bikes to any Hayabusa...liter bikes are making around the same power and are over a hundred pounds less....
I don't disagree...I'm just optomistic.
I also hope thst I sit on it and hate it...that way I won't want a $20k motorcycle plus mods.
lol

Back