How do I install Brake Bracket Hexagon

DING

Registered
Hi guys, my evil swingarm kit just arrived.

But I have no idea how to install my back brake on the swingarm.
I am guessing this little hexagon thing is the bracket to hold the brake into the swingarm ?

Am I missing something ?? :(

1b867b5df3362af9bcec4c990bdc92a1.jpeg

8cce8f2e637595bf36a99322e8304659.jpeg

ea2c341d69b7f09daa46fbd868c31235.jpeg

IMG_8745.png

I’ve seen videos on YouTube : to install the back brake on the swingarm. There is a triangle bracket thing. But I didn’t find it in my package. In stead, I got this hexagon bracket thing. :(

IMG_8743.png

28f80f4269a066d0b89baa90c18018c5.jpeg

I ordered a 150 links EK ZVX3 530 chain along with the swing arms kit from Evil. And I didn’t received it. And I sent email to Evil
And they said they shipped everything…..
I am so pissed ……

Ignore the other package, it’s from brocks performance.

IMG_8756.jpeg

a7cc4c99b429896a3994b59a63184fc0.jpeg

4850eb8cdc280d57a3b82f4c074feb01.jpeg

28f80f4269a066d0b89baa90c18018c5.jpeg

@DING
are you extending your busa for racing purposes or for cosmetic reasons? if you didn’t already know, do not apply the rear brakes while pushing the motorcycle in reverse. it will cause the brake caliper to spin counterclockwise and can damage your abs/brake lines. you can add some ties to hold the hexagon down in case you forget.

IMG_4163.png

@DING
are you extending your busa for racing purposes or for cosmetic reasons? if you didn’t already know, do not apply the rear brakes while pushing the motorcycle in reverse. it will cause the brake caliper to spin counterclockwise and can damage your abs/brake lines. you can add some ties to hold the hexagon down in case you forget.

View attachment 1682624
Seriously? I would be so pissed if I got a arm with the brake bracket like that, :devil:

@DING

View attachment 1682624
I am confused, why don’t they mount the hexagon thing on the swing arm ?? Instead of letting customers tie it ….

I am confused, why don’t they mount the hexagon thing on the swing arm ?? Instead of letting customers tie it ….
@
@DING

View attachment 1682624
The only way is to tie the hexagon bracket on the swingarm ? Is there a way to drill a hole put a screw inside so the hexagon bracket stays on the swing arm forever ? @Fernando

the hexagon is only bolted to the rear brake and not the swing arm. you don’t need to tie it but similar to adding safety wire to various items on a race machine, you can add security. if you don’t use the rear brakes while moving the bike in reverse then you don’t needs to worry about it. some racing parts sacrifice in areas for the sake of simplicity, light weight, more hp, etc.

IMG_4166.jpeg

the hexagon is only bolted to the rear brake and not the swing arm. you don’t need to tie it but similar to adding safety wire to various items on a race machine, you can add security. if you don’t use the rear brakes while moving the bike in reverse then you don’t needs to worry about it. some racing parts sacrifice in areas for the sake of simplicity, light weight, more hp, etc.

View attachment 1682650
Thanks for the tip :-) very appreciated

Back