extended swingarm brake problem.

FTMFW

Registered
im at a loss here. without seeing pictures of a setup i just cant figure this thing out. ive gone from:

a stock arm with extensions (worked great, was a cheap start) that used the factory style brake bracket that just slid into the notch on the arm. no issue there.

a factory arm, extended 6" (again, stock brake bracket, no issue.)

now im putting on an "evil" swingarm, i got it installed but never used, no pictures/instructions. ive got the arm mounted, had to scavenge some parts from my genI project as they changed bushing diameter in like 04-05 on the suspension knuckle, so i didnt have the right sleeve. got that figured out, everythings bolted up. now for the life of me i cant figure out how to assemble the rear axle/brake/brake bracket properly. can anyone help me out?

it seems the same design for macintosh/adams/hardcore/evil, it came with a triangle cnc'd bracket but ive got no idea how it goes together.

mods-im going to post this in the race section as well, i really need to get this figured out tonight!!!!

The mcintosh arm I'm using reuses the stock brake hangar, I think its more like the adams arm, have you tried contacting the guy at evils arm? I got him on the phone pretty easily when I was taking to him about an arm
Posted via Mobile Device

The mcintosh arm I'm using reuses the stock brake hangar, I think its more like the adams arm, have you tried contacting the guy at evils arm? I got him on the phone pretty easily when I was taking to him about an arm
Posted via Mobile Device

ill try and call them tomorrow, was trying to finish tonight (sunday) but its not a huge deal, i still have to re-route some air/elec lines and swap the forks, so itll be a few days till im done either way. i just want to make sure im not sitting around waiting for parts or something. thanks!

If it is a triangle it more than likely sits on top of the swingarm. Here is a pic of my adams arm that was on my bike.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313369210.518709.jpg

fiend- so thats it, it just sits on top of the arm and nothing else retains it? any chance of a close up picture :thumbsup::bowdown:

fiend- so thats it, it just sits on top of the arm and nothing else retains it? any chance of a close up picture :thumbsup::bowdown:

You can put a couple of zipties around it and the arm to keep it in place for some piece of mind. I never had a problem with it moving on me. That is the only picture that I have of that arm on my bike that shows what it looks like. Do a search on psychobike.com about the Adams brake holder. There was also a thread that the guy who bought my arm posted up on this site.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back