How can my bike be so fast?

The Busainator

Registered
I'm still in awe shock from that first ride on my 01 busa, have an 07 now but remember that 1st ride. Back roads 50 mph thinking 1st bike I've owned where I ain't in top gear at 50 mph. Then I hit the on ramp to 295 Yarmouth, Maine and thought OK here we go I can open it up now. What!!! 100 mph in a couple seconds!!! Now I'm scared.
Why own something this fast? Because you don't have to go fast. I like low rpm, quiet, smooth bike. This is the bike of all time.

Yes, yes it is. Welcome to the oRg. From now on if you ever ride another bike you will wring its neck trying to get the same feeling. :welcome:

Yep thats the busa's charm, how effortless it makes speed feel. Other bikes go just as fast now......but they seem to work their ass*s off to do it. Not the busa, all day easy :beerchug:

I went from my son's yamaha 600 yzf thinking, man this thing is seriously fast...

I bought my busa and screamed of literal joy, whooping and holloring all the way
home.

There's fast....really really fast....and the airless utterence of "O.M.G." as you
gasp for breath.

4 years and 39,000 miles and if for some reason I go a week or 2 and not ride...
I get that same OMG feeling all over again as it sucks out my air.

BTW-about a year after I owned her, when my son and I were out riding, we
swapped bikes and I got on the 600yzf again....let's just say my definition of
speed has been amended.

Course, that's true of all of us...our definition of speed and most of the public
is two very different things...and it can't be explained...it must be experienced.

That is why I think Suzuki makes a mistake by NOT bringing Hayabusas (and gsxr(s))
to the demo rides in Daytona for bikeweek. Kawi brings the ZX-14, the ZX-10s.
6s, the Concours....Suzuki brings the SV650 (wheh they used to come anyway).
Come on Suzuki...grow a pair...

Yep thats the busa's charm, how effortless it makes speed feel. Other bikes go just as fast now......but they seem to work their ass*s off to do it. Not the busa, all day easy :beerchug:

+1 on that...yeah the zx-10 etc, is fast but you have to wind it up like a toy,
and keep it in the high rpm range....

Da BUSA...any gear any rpm any time :laugh:

I read somewhere that the busa makes more torque at 2700 rpms than the
R1 does anywhere thru it's entire bandwidth :laugh:

That's the one thing I absolutely love 2nd to none about the BUS...
LOW END POWER, pull out a stump

Course I'm on my last leg of about my 6th or 7th (I don't know I lost count)
rear tire :whistle: they never mentioned that at the stealership when I
bought her. Ah well, price you pay for absolute RAW power

:bowdown:

just got a 1397 kit heads and cams still want the NOS back on it . NEVER fast enough .:thumbsup:

Yep fer sure..I have been riding for decades... the ride home is
still imprinted in my brain...sheez..how much torque does this have OMG.. didn't matter what gear it was in.. it had a 1 tooth down c-shaft that i didn't know about...and i live at 5000 feet.. cant imagine riding it the first time at sea level..anyway after so many hipo' bikes before the learning curve was very steep.....Took at least two years to come to grips with the most awsome bike EVER.. now 9 years later...still in love with it...87 octane.. 180 when ya want to...or short shift the beast... does it all...Here it is today after hours of detailing.... gonna ride Sat... with some friends.
Ps Welcome to the ORG !!

IMGP5530.jpg

Last edited:
01 Busa..
still imprinted in my brain...sheez..how much torque does this have OMG.. didn't matter what gear it was in..cant imagine riding it the first time at sea level.

WOW dude your happy. hey your 01 is same color as mine was. I'd like to get another older busa as insurance seemed to be allot less dude. i liked my 01' but do like the 2" lowering kit on 07'. i buy my bikes used so it's always a surprise.

I have a Tobin seat and I love the way it feels when I twist the throttle and my ass slides back into the seat and I become one with the bike

BTW.. that color with the beak of the Falcon was made for only 2 years,,,,And what DEMMYM said..so cool relax and pinnit'.....slam ........priceless

When I traded in my 79 Puch Maxi moped SUPER for a black 2006 Busa, the dealer told me that this was a beast and it might act a little different. I assured him that I'd scraped knees before on my SUPER and it would take allot to impress me. Well to be honest with everybody, I've had to change my "Fruit of the looms" twice. But it was all worth it. LMFAO Just kidding.

Last edited:
QUOTE=Bruce Bell;2497343] I've had to change my "Fruit of the looms" twice. [/QUOTE]

Dude you need to carry a roll of toilet paper or ease up on that throttle.
Mon' back hoss' dude.

Back