Europeans drive better

1127 TO 1299

Registered
Just got back from Europe, went to London, Paris and drove to Rome. Did a total of 2200 miles in a Peogeot 307.
I only say on Hayabusa and it was a 1999.
What I notice is that Europeans drive fast and well. They don't have the aggressiveness that Americans have. For example, it's normal for motorcycle to go between cars. Here in the state, if you do that, either the cars would't see you coming and cause them to get scared snd risking of an accident or they see you coming and get pissed cuz they think you think you're the king of the road and they will try to block your way.
In Europe, bikes and scooters are part of their culture and when a bike rides the white line cars move away from the line to give room for the bikes. That's awesome to see.
On the highways, people drive on the right side and pass on the left. When people see you coming fast behind, they change lane. Here people drive so slow that they get bored and unattentionned. We are passive drivers. We sit in our big car and wait to get to destination. They DRIVE.
On the highway, speed limit is 130 kph (81 mph), 150 (93mph) is more common and 180 (112 mph) is not rare.
And I didn't see a single popo. They have some photo radar which are announce in advance.

I love my experience.

I thought that it was the same way in the united states...
But it is a little bit diferent from one country to another... Some police agents are more effective in some countries...
But here too, there are lots of drivers sleeping in the left lane and not all of them do like motorcycles, but there others who are glad to move way and give some space to pass. It's like partners in crime.

<!--EDIT|S7R4NGER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096417030 -->

Back