How big is yer city? or town?

I grew up in Folsom California next to the prison.

When I was a kid the population was about 4000 and now it's around 100,000 or so with no end in sight.

The first electricity to sacramento was from the folsom power house on the american river. Also the old sacramento town area road was paved with what is known as folsom potatoes which were rocks from the quary of which they also built folsom prison in 1880.

smile.gif

Just the two of us...

No, mmmm, its 3200, at least that was the last count in 2004. So it'll now be 3201 as someone is bound to have put some weight on.

VA Busa  Have a Friend who is from your area his family still lives there..Around Waverly Point ..Last names the Gordons
Waverly Point?  I had to Google it...near Richmond?  

I'm along the water...about 70 miles east of Richmond...
smile.gif
Wifey grew up in the Northern Neck. Mom-in-law lives in Warsaw. Pop-in-law lives in Kilmarnock. We were married at Windmill Point (where the Rappahanock River meets the Chesapeak Bay).

It's nice when you can go to work and not have to worry about whether you forgot to lock the front door or just being able to leave the car in the driveway with the top off and keys in the ignition.
Man...I miss those days. The island used to be like that. We'd leave for church and all we'd do is close the door. Didn't need to lock it. Come home, everything's still there.

Park the car in the garage, keys in the ignition, windows rolled down, leave it overnight.

Come back in the morning and it's still there.

I really miss those days. A very trusting and peaceful time.
down.gif
I grew up in a house that didn't even have locks on the doors. We also had never heard of air conditioning so the windows were open all summer too.

I'm probably deceiving myself, but I think I live in a nice enough area, I do lock the door at night and when I leave the house, but when the weather is nice, (like now) I leave the windows and doors (I have screen doors too) open all day. At night I shut the doors.

I do however have a camera system keeping an eye on my place and I think the neighbors know that. At least the ones that have been around a while.

There have been times I've gone to bed and forgotten to close the garage door, two bikes in the garage with keys in them and have never had anything come up missing.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142479880 -->

Pre Katrina

The estimated population, in 2003, was 225,090

Post Katrina close to 300,000

Big jump in a just a few months.  
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|SoBad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142487234 -->

From a census in 2004 the population = 928,537.

And at one point a judge STILL delcared ME the "terror of pinellas county!?!?" surely not!
brave.gif

something about having a 400hp GTO and then motorcycles....gets you pretty "familiar" with the police.
laugh.gif

but that was nearly a lifetime ago.

VA Busa  Have a Friend who is from your area his family still lives there..Around Waverly Point ..Last names the Gordons
Waverly Point?  I had to Google it...near Richmond?  

I'm along the water...about 70 miles east of Richmond...
smile.gif
Wifey grew up in the Northern Neck.  Mom-in-law lives in Warsaw.  Pop-in-law lives in Kilmarnock.  We were married at Windmill Point (where the Rappahanock River meets the Chesapeak Bay).
Dayum! That's all just a river away from me
cool.gif

We take the boat to Windmill Point...small world indeed...
smile.gif

smile.gif

Where we live:
population in July 2004: 3,294 (+9.0% change)
Males: 1,507 (49.9%), Females: 1,514 (50.1%)

Elevation: 11 feet

Land area: 2.1 square miles

Median resident age: 47.6 years
Median household income: $27,404 (year 2000)
Median house value: $95,800 (year 2000)

I used City Data
Interesting, I found Lakeland on that site and I live up in the mountains compared to you. You guys are at 11 feet elevation, I'm at 190.
smile.gif
You must live in the Fl Alps ..  
laugh.gif

Guess y'all aren't worried about flood insurance then.  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|TheKatsMeow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142518193 -->

where I live

New Prague

Population (year 2000): 4,559, Est. population in July 2004: 6,115 (+34.1% change)
Males: 2,181 (47.8%), Females: 2,378 (52.2%)

Elevation: 980 feet

County: Le Sueur

Land area: 2.6 square miles

Zip code: 56071

Median resident age: 34.5 years
Median household income: $41,750 (year 2000)
Median house value: $120,300 (year 2000)

New Prague, MN residents, houses, and apartments details

Races in New Prague:

White Non-Hispanic (97.6%)
Hispanic (0.9%)
Two or more races (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (41.1%), Czech (28.7%), Irish (14.0%), Norwegian (11.4%), French (3.8%), Swedish (3.5%).

New! New Prague, Minnesota forum

For population 25 years and over in New Prague

High school or higher: 83.8%
Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.9%
Graduate or professional degree: 5.5%
Unemployed: 2.9%
Mean travel time to work: 23.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in New Prague city

Never married: 23.4%
Now married: 57.3%
Separated: 1.2%
Widowed: 9.8%
Divorced: 8.3%
0.4% Foreign born

Population change in the 1990s: +967 (+26.9%).

As of '03 it lists my area as having about 140,000 within the city limits. The Tri-Cities is made up of three (duh) seperate towns...basically all connected. Like one city with 3 different names..

Take into account the outlying farm area and it's inhabitants and it'll push 200K.

As of '03 it lists my area as having about 140,000 within the city limits.  The Tri-Cities is made up of three (duh) seperate towns...basically all connected.  Like one city with 3 different names..

Take into account the outlying farm area and it's inhabitants and it'll push 200K.
thats in Dry-Shitties Wash. right? hahahahaha

Well, than Turbo-Torch, looks like my town might be the smallest, Pop. a whopping 264. But,! we you can get fried chicken at all three gas stations, and pizza at one of em!!
jump9.gif

Charles Town, WV

Horse country

Charles Town is a city in Jefferson County, in the Washington-Arlington metro area.

It is the county seat.

The estimated population, in 2003, was 3,180.

Income snapshot
Median household income
Local $32,538
National $41,994

The community was named for settler Charles Washington, brother of President George Washington.

Abolitionist John Brown was tried and executed here; one of those witnessing the execution was John Wilkes Booth, future assassin of President Abraham Lincoln

This place is busting at the seams and is now the fastest growing city in the US.

Port St. Lucie, Florida

Port St. Lucie is a city located in St. Lucie County, Florida. As of February 2006, the city had a population estimated at 141,000, a growth of 33.4% since the United States 2000 Census count of 88,769. The Census Bureau announced in June 2005 that Port St. Lucie was the fastest growing large city in the U.S.

The city is home to New York Mets spring training and the St. Lucie Mets Florida State League team. Florida Atlantic University has its Treasure Coast campus in the city.

On 26 September 2004 Hurricane Jeanne made landfall at Port Saint Lucie, exactly three weeks after Hurricane Frances did so at the same location.
tounge.gif

As of the 2000 census, the Treasure Coast's metropolitan area's population is 468,283. Port Saint Lucie is the major city in the area.

It's nice when you can go to work and not have to worry about whether you forgot to lock the front door or just being able to leave the car in the driveway with the top off and keys in the ignition.
Man...I miss those days. The island used to be like that. We'd leave for church and all we'd do is close the door. Didn't need to lock it. Come home, everything's still there.

Park the car in the garage, keys in the ignition, windows rolled down, leave it overnight.

Come back in the morning and it's still there.

I really miss those days. A very trusting and peaceful time.
down.gif
I grew up in a house that didn't even have locks on the doors. We also had never heard of air conditioning so the windows were open all summer too.

I'm probably deceiving myself, but I think I live in a nice enough area, I do lock the door at night and when I leave the house, but when the weather is nice, (like now) I leave the windows and doors (I have screen doors too) open all day. At night I shut the doors.

I do however have a camera system keeping an eye on my place and I think the neighbors know that. At least the ones that have been around a while.

There have been times I've gone to bed and forgotten to close the garage door, two bikes in the garage with keys in them and have never had anything come up missing.
well, that's a good thing. It's good to know there's still places in the world like that.

Those were the really good 'ol days I miss 'em.

Back