House to give themselves raises

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
House Appears Ready to Accept Raise
By ANDREW TAYLOR (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press

June 28, 2007 2:44 AM EDT
WASHINGTON - Despite low approval ratings and hard feelings from last year's elections, Democrats and Republicans in the House are reaching out for an approximately $4,400 pay raise that would increase their salaries to almost $170,000.

The cost-of-living raise endorsed Wednesday evening gets lawmakers back on track for automatic pay raises after a fight between the parties last year and again in January killed the pay increase due this year. That was the first interruption of the annual congressional pay boost in seven years.

guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Don't be so surprised...they do this every single year! LOL

Fuggin' politics...don't even get me started...
mad.gif

Where do you begin in reforming this broken machine?
Voting? For who? Another over privilaged Ivy League prick that's
going to miss 80% of all work days, flying around the world on our
credit card?
Look at John Kerry's record.
The year BEFORE he ran on 04, he missed 287 out of 330 scheduled
meeting in the house.
All these TYPES of people are so far removed from our daily grind and concerns. If we ran out lives and businesses like these people run our country, we'd be out of business.

VOTE for RON PAUL in 08' Strict Liberitarian that understands we are a
CONSTITUTIONAL REPULBIC, not a democracy and not a conservative police state. The man is an economy professor and knows the way we used to operate.

Last edited by a moderator:
there all losers the gov is for themselves at our exspense yes! REVOLUTION TIME demorats and the repukeilans better get their $hit together before theres no country to rip off anymore

Congress has the LOWEST rating in US History and they blame it on Talk  
argue.gif
Radio. Geezzzzzzz, I wish I could vote me a raise anytime I wanted it. What do these guys think (OK, so they don't THINK) they're doing. And if the US Voters (non voters don't count or matter in this) re-elect THEIR grab bag Congressmen, then they have NO ONE to blame except themselves  
rant.gif

That's why my plan is to leave within the next few years before they (whoever they are) put this country out of business.

It seem that as a whole everyone wants something for nothing, but nobody puts a stop to it. It didn't recently start to happen. This began back in the 'good ol days'.

Yeah, but where are you going that the same, OR WORST, isn't there
rock.gif
! I've been all over the world, and this is still the BEST PLACE to live on EARTH  
beerchug.gif

I've traveled some myself. I'm not denouncing my citizenship just yet. Most of my time will be spent on my boat in the carribean. I'm leaning toward Jamaica, lots of twisties there.
biggrin.gif
But, I also have friends in Belize so...

I think I just don't like being ruled by greed and/or religion. (If they're even different) And really don't need to be protected from myself.

thats only about 2.7% raise which isnt that outrageous. id personally be unhappy about a raise like that. 3-4% is the norm

(ambulldog @ Jun. 28 2007,09:36) thats only about 2.7% raise which isnt that outrageous.  id personally be unhappy about a raise like that.  3-4% is the norm
It's outrageous if your already way way waaaay overpaid, then factor in the job they do.

The house is probably the most useless body of guberment anyway.

All they do is rubberstamp what the senate tells them to.

damn...every technician at my ex-employer went at least 7 years without a raise....not even cost of living....and we all made at least 120,000.00 less than these lazy asses.

I just don't how anyone "NEEDS" more than about 50K a year to make it.

it's just plain greed.
rant.gif

Why do they need a raise? With all their backlot deals and underhanded small interest group monies. Money in fist for your vote politicians shouldn't even get paid! Clinton spends 8 years in office at $240,000 yearly and comes out of the White house a millionaire. Never had a job that wasn't public service and is a millionaire many times over! Blackmail, pandering, racketeering, cheating on their wives at voters expense politicians have become the norm. These guys haven't balanced their own checkbooks since the 40's. $2000 for an ashtray. $3000 for a file cabinet! Politicians don't like it when people get on the radio and talk! Talk about ideas and use *deep breath* cuss words! The radio talks about their outrage at the way these criminals in suits are ruining the country! All of a sudden they want to protect the kids! Protect the kids? Hide behind the children is more like it. Thats the kind of people in charge of this great country. Avg. life span in the US is 73 for men and 75 for woman. That means we spend 75% of our lives as adults! ADULTS! It's an adult world and Lamb is sick of the excuse that we need to protect our children. The last person Lamb wants protecting any children are the scum sucking windbag lawyers who vote for anything RETRO actively ONLY if their palms are greased with the finest green printed on the backs of the hard working american business owners.

Then do something different for a change and vote for the most unlikely candidate.
The primary is a way to weed out the Plastic professional politicians.
Spead the word out, get active/involved and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
I'm going with Dr. Ron Paul.
Totally different, what do we have to lose? We're already in deep shitaki mushrooms.
rant.gif

The way to reform is thru earnest letter writing campaigns and petitions(think andy in shawshank redemption on a grander scale.) With the advent of E-mail it is a lil easier and harder at the same time(do to spam blockers used against the constituents.)

I believe our government needs to be reeled in from focusing in on a bunch of BS issues and focus on the things that really affect our quality of life. For example the war in Iraq, nevermind where you stand on this issue the important thing is for our troops over there to be Properly trained and protected to accomplish their objective. But with the government constantly changing that objective, it makes an already difficult situation worse.

The whole gay debate, I have never understood why this is a debate among heterosexual men (as we all know female gayness doesn't exist.
wink.gif
) To me that always meant more availible womenfor the rest of us to drool over. You have linguist who are skilled in arabic not allowed to use those skills due to their personal life style. Get their gay tails translating and decyphering intel.

Allowing all these non issues to occupy or thoughts and energies takes away focus on the real problems we face.

(ambulldog @ Jun. 28 2007,15:36) thats only about 2.7% raise which isnt that outrageous.  id personally be unhappy about a raise like that.  3-4% is the norm
They are over paid to begin with!

House and Senate members should be paid the average median income of a working citizen. Then they would have some initiative to make things better for the people.

Back