Hotbodies undertail

crozzer

Registered
Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting a hotbodies undertail to my Gen II. My question is this, the undertail instructions state the whole thing just slides into place and use the existing 4 plastic rivets to hold it there. In this position the new undertail sits over the top of the tail unit where it joins the existing undertail and looks a bit naff IMO.
Has any one fitted it under the tail unit and did it required much modification?
Thanks in advance,

Crozzer.

Most undertail require removing most if not all of what's there now except battery box most of the time. The Hot Bodies on ther Gen 2 can go either way but DO require at least some trimming. Removing everything except batt box will of course be easiest, if just taking your time you can get by with just trimming edges of original and you will have undertail look outside but still original lil storage compartment inside(lil being key word) but even with whole thing removed you don't really gain much with just the HB undertail because it pretty much carries the same profile just without the divider pieces up top. Which works better(at least I think) because there's not much room either way and they at least keep whatever you put in there where you put it and don't slide down into the sides or out the front.

Sorry I don't really have any good pics of what to do but maybe you can get an idea from these. BTW the undertail fits up inside the tail fairing same as original piece and NOT on the outside.

100_3156.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

DSCN8452.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

Not a ton of modification some times you need to trim a Lil but hotbodies normally fit really good and tight

Back