Hotbodies Racing - Dual Slash Cut Megaphone Slip-On Exhaust w/ Baffles

motopokep

Registered
Anyone installed this? How is the sound? performance?

My goal is to get rid of ugly big exhausts on my 09 busa, also to install as small exhaust as possible to gain storage room for my 2 bikes in my garage in winter time, not to spend tons of $$$ doing this, as I'm not a performance freak, just your average weekend warrior, and I don't want a very loud exhaust.

I heard somewhere something about this exhaust interferring with the kill switch by the kickstand.

Bad idea if you don't want it loud. I would just stick with stickers and save my money until I could buy a 4-2-1 system or a quality set of slip ons.

well, I don't mind it loud, I just meant not obnoxiously loud. i have the money to buy a full system, it's just I don't want to invest that much in my busa, given that I just bought a second bike. and I want to get rid of canisters, so this system is almost invisible ...I'm leaning towards this one.

I like it loud and had the hot bodies on my 04. You will get sick of them in a month, I did. they sound good but after a while they tend to be obnoxious. I went with the Yosh RS3 and had the can cut in half and took half the glass packing out. AWESOME sound...

IMAG0352.jpg

well, I don't mind it loud, I just meant not obnoxiously loud. i have the money to buy a full system, it's just I don't want to invest that much in my busa, given that I just bought a second bike. and I want to get rid of canisters, so this system is almost invisible ...I'm leaning towards this one.

They will fall in the obnoxiously loud category. Take the cans off and run open headers for a while. If that sound suits you then buy the hotbodies tips.

I was going to get the Hotbodies, untill I heard the Voodoo's which is what I have now. They are the same size as the Hotbodies, but u will need a spacer on the left side to clear the kickstand (I just used some I got from Lowes). Sound wise IMO the voodoo's sound much better. The Hotbodies have a metal, brassy sound, were as the voodoos sound deep and strong. I also ordered the SPEAKEASY baffle to help with sound. Almost forgot to mention, I paid $179 off Ebay:thumbsup:

thanx for the advice I'll check'em out. could you possibly snap a pic of your spacer setup. I've never installed slipons before and not exactly sure how this is going to affect the kickstand on the busa, and what it will look like with the spacer, and where the spacer goes. Your pic would greatly help when I do my setup. I"ll look for these pipes on ebay.

do you need a power commander for these pipes?

There is no "need" for a pc, but the bike will be a little weaker and less responsive than stock(you won't notice it over the extra noise:laugh:). As far as I know there is no base map from pc for them either. You'de have to dyno tune it to make it perfect anyway, and if you were going to spend that money you'de want an exhaust that performs...tips don't.
The ecu editor is much better than a pc too, boostbysmith.com - Home
There's a disk that comes with it with some maps uploaded by customers. There is a map on there for tips, however Smith doesn't guarantee those maps as they aren't his. You may/may not see improvement with that map. You will benefit from having the ecu editor over the pc though, as it does everything and still costs less, check it out.:beerchug:

so are you saying my bike will be weaker with a tip exhaust than it is stock? I could invest into a nice yoshi or akrapovic can or a full system, go the PC route, dyno tune everything, but I'm just a road rider, not a performance junkie. I'm just looking to spend couple hundred bucks to clean up big ugly stock exhausts. However, if you saying I will notice a decrease in performance, I"m having second thoughts.

you won't notice a thing in difference in power, but just how your going to piss off the neighbors its so loud:laugh: i love it that way:thumbsup: i did notice how light the bike felt after taking those big stock cannons off, love it

so are you saying my bike will be weaker with a tip exhaust than it is stock? I could invest into a nice yoshi or akrapovic can or a full system, go the PC route, dyno tune everything, but I'm just a road rider, not a performance junkie. I'm just looking to spend couple hundred bucks to clean up big ugly stock exhausts. However, if you saying I will notice a decrease in performance, I"m having second thoughts.

There will be a loss of HP but it is so slight you wont notice. The mega phone has a raspy sound and is super load. Try unbolting your mid pipe from the header and take her around the block. That will only take you 5 mins to do and you will see how it would sound with the Mega phones. You will need to remove the pair valve or complete the very simple marble mod to keep from getting some back firing. Go for the Voodo and do the marble mod.

Every bike is different. Some folks notice a difference with tips, some don't. It does change, but it is minimal. As long as you're not looking to gain power you'll be fine. As said the weight loss is a great improvement, and you will feel it flicking the bike side to side through curves. You're ears may also bleed...if not, the guy's behind you will:poke::rofl:

Every bike is different. Some folks notice a difference with tips, some don't. It does change, but it is minimal. As long as you're not looking to gain power you'll be fine. As said the weight loss is a great improvement, and you will feel it flicking the bike side to side through curves. You're ears may also bleed...if not, the guy's behind you will:poke::rofl:

Then I guess the guys behind him shoulda bought busa's then :rofl:

nevermind. thanx for all replies. I went to a local bike hangout yesterday and checked out a busa with voodoo. changed my mind. way too loud, i don't want to wear ear-aids in a couple of years. plus the pipes sit right behind the footpegs, i'd have to slide my feet forward a bit to have only my heels touch the pegs.

I'll be shopping for another exhaust...my goal is as small as possible, not too pricey, not too loud. suggestions very welcome. thanx.

I would bet that he didnt have the speakeasy inserts. With the inserts there not that much louder than other slip-ons. But if u have the money for a better pipe go for it, I would.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back