Exhaust without PC-IIIr Okay?

So my dad bought me a Hindle full exhaust (round) Titanium exhaust setup for Christmas for my 2003 Hayabusa.

Yes, very cool!

Now, I was under the impression that I could do some damage by running lean if I install this without a Power Commander. Could anyone confirm this..?

I plan on picking up an intake of some sort (maybe just a K&N drop in if I don't find any aftermarket setup that's better) as well for the spring, but I'm just excited to find out what kind of sound this 4-2-1 will make!

I hate to lose the dual cans, but for price, this was the way to go IMO.. So let me know about the requirement of the PC-IIIr issue. Also, if it is not overly required, what gains will I see?

Anyone know what gains I should expect in respect to WHP / CHP with just this exhaust? I see there are already written curves for the Hindle on PC's sites so I'm good there.

169-171with fiull exhaust and a free flow air filter and a PC III. It will not run its best with out a PC III. Plus don't forget the filter get the exhaust out and the air in.

169-171with fiull exhaust and a free flow air filter and a PC III.  It will not run its best with out a PC III.  Plus don't forget the filter get the exhaust out and the air in.
Are you talking 169-171 at the wheel..? I'd assume yes since it was rated 171 chp stock.

Will it hurt my bike to run it short term without a PC-IIIr?

I haven't looked into filters yet.. but I assume K&N has one for us so I'll pick that one up!

It probably won't hurt it, but it will backfire. The A/F mixture will be wrong due to more gas exhausted. Get the K&N and the PCIIIR. If you can't afford it, put the pipes in the closet and wait. Trust me it's worth it, also remove the pair valve.

It probably won't hurt it, but it will backfire. The A/F mixture will be wrong due to more gas exhausted. Get the K&N and the PCIIIR. If you can't afford it, put the pipes in the closet and wait. Trust me it's worth it, also remove the pair valve.
Thanks for the info.. I'll just wait till I can get a PCIIIr then.

I'm not sure what a Pair Valve is.. so I'll do a search and see. Thanks!

I have the the Hindle 4 to 1 setup without the PCIIIR, and I just had it mapped and it runs great. I did do a filter mod, but that's it. I also lowered it. The PC they say will help on track days if you want to run lean, but I know many guys that do not use it on the day to day or even track day with a good remapping w/o the PC. I just noticed a great difference, since I had it mapped it again. If you do want one, check twowheeldrift.com, they have the consistent best prices on the PCIIIR. I have the 02.

I use an Akro on my bike 02'. No PCIIIr and it never backfires. I have the small box mod. The pipe does run lean in some areas and rich in others. It always best to install a PC.

So you say DAD got this for you !!!!! He didn't get me s__t !! He always did like you best !!
cussing.gif

Back