HotBodies Double-Bubble fit issues

hayabuser

Registered
I just installed their Grand Prix double-bubble on my 2001 this afternoon and the fit is terrible. I struggled to get it in and have the mounting holes line up and even now that it's installed, the outside radii are way off from the factory fairing contours. A friend with a CBR600RR swore by the HotBodies windscreens but I think I should have gone with the ZeroGravity instead.

Here's a close up of what I'm talking about... any chance they slipped an 08-up screen into a 99-07 package?

PA200002 copy.jpg

Should I deal with HotBodies directly or take it back to the local dealer where I ordered/bought it? I'm in Canada.

All I've ever heard about hotbodies is what garbage it is......I've also heard their customer service sucks bigtime as well.
I can say Puig rocks....fits and looks awesome :thumbsup:

I have a SportTech and it fits like that, and sqeaks every little bump you hit. it's loud enough I can easily hear it over the exhaust and a full face helmet..

I have a SportTech and it fits like that, and sqeaks every little bump you hit. it's loud enough I can easily hear it over the exhaust and a full face helmet..

Pull it back out and line the edges with black electrical tape, re-install and you shouldnt have any more squeaks.

Well, I e-mailed the above picture to HotBodies and Kevin Tran got back to me the same day. He says it shouldn't fit like that and he's sure that they can do an exchange for me. Just waiting for the go-ahead to ship it to them. Not bad service so far!

Sorry to say but, its just a bad fitting one, next time go with Puig, dont get me wrong Hotbodies makes some good stuff but most of thier stuff is better for like track use..I deal with them as they are like 15 miles from me...but a lot of times I have to take stuff back..they have some good people there though if you send it back they will give you a better one, call 858-486-3838 ext 201 and talk to Justus, he the sales manager and that is the HQ here in San Diego, he's a great guy and wll work with you...Good Luck

Go with a Puig wind screen :thumbsup:

Hotbodies fitment on their lenses and screens are crap :(

glad to see you being taken care of. If the next one fits like it suppose too then you can decide if you rather something else. Good luck Bro

Update: Kevin Tran at HotBodies said to take it back to the dealership where I got it from for an exchange since the duties/shipping/etc associated with being in Canada are a pain for them.

So I returned it to the local Suzuki shop and walked back out with a ZeroGravity double-bubble instead. The fit is perfect, literally falling onto the bike with minimal effort. Probably not what Kevin had in mind but what the heck, I'm happy and the 'Busa looks great! Will be testing it out this weekend since the weather is looking good. :cheerleader:

PB050004 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back