double bubble newbe question

michael t

Registered
What is the advantage of the double bubble windscreen I see many have. Iam 6'3" would it help or what about the 1" higher factory screen............... I really don't know what I trying to accomplish. Looks, airflow ? Dealer is of no help when I ask them I have ridden for years but not a sport type bike. Mainly HD types . So please forgive this new be question .

Mike - the text book answer it will lift up the airflow just a bit, giving you a bit more of wind protection. The practical answer is it will depend on the rider. For me, I've used several, and swapped them back and forth over the years. Personally, I notice very little diference, a sportbike is a sportbike. I'll often swap the DB out to use it during winter for a little extra to hide behind. I ride with a tank bag 100% of the time so laying down atop that.

Some photos perhaps...

Stock:
Img_9821-stock.jpg

Zero Gravity SR (my personal favorite)
Img_1745-SR-ride.jpg

Clear Zero Gravity Double Bubble

charleston1-400.jpg

Note that things are optically clear vs. the stock

busa1-camera-500.jpg

ZG-FoxenCanyon1-700.jpg

Zero Gravity Dark Smoke

Img_0255.jpg

Sort of get a sense of the height variance in this one.

Img_0243.jpg

These things are so cheap, I'd say just go get one. Ask around h.org to see who sells them & you'll have it in a couple days!

Note the Piug DB screens are also popular with busa riders.

I use and love the zero gravity Dbl Bbl. Some say that it is too thin, I personally like the look of it better than others that are available in the same style. whatever suits you.

I put one on and love it. You can see the upper part of the console perfectly now. Here's what I see now...

ad___Now_I_can_see_the_blinkies.JPG

I am also 6'3" and couldn't see my gauges with a regular screen. The double bubble raised just enough to see everything I needed to see. I couldn't tell any difference in the wind protection.

5'11" and I LOVE my Puig Dub-Bub. I went from stock to the Puig Touring screen and from that to the Puig Dub-Bub. The DB feels better than the other 2.

Although I personally think the Busa looks better with the stock screen, as far as practical use of the Busa I think getting a DB is the best way to go. I love it on the highway as well as on the track.

My advice would be to get one. If you don't like it you can always sell it. I'm certain you'll find a buyer here with no problem.

Oh, supposedly the DB screen make the bike/rider combination more aerodynamic since the rider can hide more of his/her body from the wind. Because of this, Zero Gravity says its DB gives the bike an extra 3mph on the top end. I don't use a ZG screen, I just threw that out there as an "FYI" type thing.

Thanks for all the great replies. Yes I also have a problem with reading guages . So I guess one will be on my list.
I really told the wife I would leave this bike alone But seems a safety factor Need to see the instruments
rant.gif

Thanks a million people.

Gotta Laugh on the wife excuse...   Thats the EXACT one I gave mine
biggrin.gif
.   Now I'm trying to come up with some other "excuses" that will allow me to do the HID Lamp Mod, running light mod and a "Performance Kit Mod"  aka..NOS...   Can't seem to come up with a safety spin to go along with that one...    Anywho... I like the OEM Suzuki Double Bubble.   I can definately tell the extra wind block it provides, especially in a full tuck.  Also like the etched Kanji suzuki puts in em.

webfront.JPG

(RedFalco @ Aug. 28 2007,12:44) Gotta Laugh on the wife excuse...   Thats the EXACT one I gave mine
biggrin.gif
.   Now I'm trying to come up with some other "excuses" that will allow me to do the HID Lamp Mod, running light mod and a "Performance Kit Mod"  aka..NOS...   Can't seem to come up with a safety spin to go along with that one...    Anywho... I like the OEM Suzuki Double Bubble.   I can definately tell the extra wind block it provides, especially in a full tuck.  Also like the etched Kanji suzuki puts in em.
Well need better light because deer and bike don't mix . as for the other add on.Maybe tell her you thinking about being house call denist and need the gas for your work . Some will belive anything .Mine did till insurance man said fastest production motorcycle made. Then the
AAAssjani.gif

Back