hot bodies megaphone exhaust

yeah my buddy is saying that if i don't get it tuned and a power commander, that it will pop and crackle, dont really have that type of dough though for the full system now, so that would be the next step later... but will it hurt the bike with just the megaphone slip on? yeah had the bike now for 3 1/2 months and already put 3500 miles on her, so i know what yah mean about the old lady complaining after a 500 or so mile ride lol, but compared to my old gsxr10000 she loves the rear seat.

The pop and crackle is not because of the tune.....its unspent fuel set off by the exhaust temp.....bikes stock run rich...marble mod or PAIRremoval if you dont like it...

Last edited:
that's pretty cool, looks to be a simple fix with the marble mod....been a member only for a short while now and yall guys have saved me almost 200 in change....wish the old lady was that good at penny pinching:rofl: i did the fender mod with bending the reflector brackets back and worked like a charm...

i got my exhust to my local vendor and i only pay 159 for it, still in the hotbodies box and wrapped ship form Vegas to my house directly, I'm not sure why every site list them for 270 and up, i know i wasn't going to get them at that price for what thy are. Now days I don't even get on the freeway and when I ride never go past 45 mph,. no point for a full exhaust when there in no track to have fun,,,, that is why i have so low milage, i hate to gear up for a 10 min ride:whistle::whistle:

i look at this, the're only $270:thumbsup:. if i dont like them put the stock pipes back on and sell them on ebay lol i guess can't go wrong that way....

Hotbodies isn't bad if you're looking for an inexpensive way to be heard. Do what's economical but don't be like this moron (read below).

I'm parked on South Beach one day and see an 08 Busa pull up that's loud! He walks over and says "Hmm, I see you got a Brocks. What'd that run you about a grand?" I said yeah. He says "You got robbed. Mine is just as loud and it only cost me $50". Already I'm laughing at this poser so I walk back to see what he has on his... He put 2 muffler tips from Pep Boys on the end of his headers!!!:O

I told him I didn't do mine for noise. I did it for performance and the weight savings over the stock header (aka a boat anchor). This goofball told me (chest out with pride): "You wasted 2 grand on that exhaust, pc, filter, mapping... AND I STILL HAVE TWO PIPES". I ended that dialogue quickly and went back to watching the eye candy coming off the sand.:rofl:

Last edited:
I gave a set away awhile back, I would get a full system if it was me. I lost so much low end tq. I thought I was riding a 750!
Posted via Mobile Device

Wonder if going up +2 on the rear sprocket would help with the loss of the low end tq.

hahaha good one silver sniper:rofl: those tips probably sounded like crap too...yeah i just ordered the exhaust should be in soon, next of course the power commander...

Just remember the whole thing with noise, Loud pipes dont save squat...by the time anyone hears you where it matters (from the front...) your on them or they are on you, remember wind noise and the direction of the sound....even loud harleys, you cant hear them till they are right there on you at freeways speeds even on slower roads....just my .002 cents....i wouldnt buy them just because you want to get heard ...good luck bud

I'm not trolling mate but I don't think you've thought about when you're in slow moving traffic and you're splitting - they hear you coming in very slow jams.

I watch wing mirrors, and I see their eyes look down the gaps in between lanes about 8 cars up my path with a decent pipe, stops the blind merge!

Or while cruising a louder pipe will make you heard when someone tries to merge into your lane parrallel to yours.

Or how about being rear-ended trying to turn right (or left in the US), your pipes count then. You've just found one example of where they don't save lives - and I agree with that - but generally speaking it DOES help to have a louder pipe because of those few situations where the quiet/considerate rider gets shafted :(

Last edited:
Looks good! I try to stay out of the exhaust battle. Everyone has their own opinion of whats good or bad but in the end its all up to what you like, want and are budgeted for.
I wont doubt that the slashcut it kills some of the bikes performanc. I went from an 07 gsxr 1000 to an 09 busa and even after having the bike a few months, i am always still amazed by how much power this bike has. Do your thing and just enjoy being on the road.:thumbsup:

I used to have them, won't ever again for sure.

Save your money and get a full system or a better set of slip ons if you want dual pipes,

:whistle:

The he sold them to me where I promply wrecked with them. back with the stock till i get a full r77.

wish you could split lanes here in virginia but it seems awful dangerous though....i had some Harley roll up on me splitting lanes the other day didn't know he was there until he was past my side mirror...

I'm not trolling mate but I don't think you've thought about when you're in slow moving traffic and you're splitting - they hear you coming in very slow jams.

I watch wing mirrors, and I see their eyes look down the gaps in between lanes about 8 cars up my path with a decent pipe, stops the blind merge!

Or while cruising a louder pipe will make you heard when someone tries to merge into your lane parrallel to yours.

Or how about being rear-ended trying to turn right (or left in the US), your pipes count then. You've just found one example of where they don't save lives - and I agree with that - but generally speaking it DOES help to have a louder pipe because of those few situations where the quiet/considerate rider gets shafted :(

Bud....good points...BUT i disagree...slow traffic maybe...merging...maybe...other than that no....because of the riders speed...have u seen the speed which bikes ride here and most of us...I am a rider and I LOOK for bikes out....they catch me by surprise even with loud pipes....if everyone followed the rules then yes id give to ya...but unfortunately they dont save nothing really.....drivers here are going to merge or do whatever they want without paying attention to the noise and by that time it is too late....if they saved lives we wouldnt be seeing the accidents we see which 75% could be avoided easily and 95% of them had loud OR EXTRA LOUD pipes..that whole so they can hear me coming ....is in your own head...but not in everyone else on the road....everyones got thier own priority and even on the road, driving safely and being aware of other vehicles is THE LAST.... and getting rear ended while turning still happens no matter if you have a V8 open headers.....its what the other driver is doing not what your doing...radio on AC cellphone...loud pipes aint gonna help you squat.....except give you 7 broken ribs and bruised lung....been there....done it...and I have a LOUD exhaust....so there you go Ive thought of everything...they dont save squat....but if riders rely on them...good luck

back on topic...dont buy this.....if you do good luck....not worth the money though....IMO

Does it matter...no...enjoy your ride bro!

Last edited:
Back