hot bodies megaphone exhaust

sportcustoms71

Registered
i'm looking into getting the hot bodies megaphone real soon, do i need to have it mapped or anything else done to the bike or can i just bolt in on and drive? is the rumors true i here about getting "hot foot" from the megaphones....

hot foot not sooo much, but a map? YUP. I do advise it. Get a PC with a 2 brothers slip on map. You should be good to go.

Not unless you ride with flipflops :banghead: Man those things are not cheap $299 is a proud price but It looks like they are baffled. Post up when you get them on. i would definately get a PC and get it tuned :thumbsup:

If all your looking for is "LOUDNESS" then i advise to just cut your stock pipe at a certain angle where your happy with. Makes the same obnoxious sound and you spend ZERO dollars.

I have the hotbodies on my Gen II and absolutely love it. The only other system I would have like instead was a 2 bros but Im happy with my choice.
Everyone has their own opinion but I don't feel like the sound isnt annoying or obnoxious at all. If you plan on redlining first gear everywhere you go it could be a bit annoying but during everyday riding, I don't think it's bad. The hotbodies one does have a baffle in it. I think roaring toyz makes one without. Not sure about that one.
You can't go wrong with the HB. I say go for it :thumbsup:
Oh and no hot foot. unless you are riding with flipflops. I ride with an old/comfy pair or Danner work boots and have no issues. Bike puts out a lot of heat anyway but not enough to burn your leg. That's BS

i also have the HBs on my bike bought them until I could afford the Brocks full system. So far they are great ;nice sound at idle comes alive when you open it up. And no I never did get it mapped or use a commander but did notice a difference from dropping a few lbs from the stock exhaust. Slap em on and ride on brother:thumbsup:

I have my own opinion, I am a customer and neighbor of hotbodies, but for that price i think its a bit too much...They sound ok-crappy region IMO and they are very loud, and riding everyday with them as I do would be too much...Ive heard them and dont like em, but to each its own, I would save the money for a quality full system or even some good slip ons

thanks fellas, thats all helpfull info...i'll post some pics when i get them on, sounds like it's 50/50 on what people think of them....just being stationed up here in quantico, va near D.C. people just suck at driving, so i figured beeing heard is the next best step...:laugh: especially when it comes to the little old ladies or everyone texting going 80mph. next question fellas, you think the megaphone is going to make the wife go deaf or is ear plugs a neccesity? lol

I was looking at these and wanted the shorties really bad. I ended up with a Ti-Force. ???

If you guys ride with helmets, you shouldn't be too bad. Sometimes, chicks dig the noise...

Last edited:
thanks fellas, thats all helpfull info...i'll post some pics when i get them on, sounds like it's 50/50 on what people think of them....just being stationed up here in quantico, va near D.C. people just suck at driving, so i figured beeing heard is the next best step...:laugh: especially when it comes to the little old ladies or everyone texting going 80mph. next question fellas, you think the megaphone is going to make the wife go deaf or is ear plugs a neccesity? lol

My wife doesn't seem to mind. She is starting to not like that stock seat though. lol

I have my own opinion, I am a customer and neighbor of hotbodies, but for that price i think its a bit too much...They sound ok-crappy region IMO and they are very loud, and riding everyday with them as I do would be too much...Ive heard them and dont like em, but to each its own, I would save the money for a quality full system or even some good slip ons

What he said :agree:

yeah my buddy is saying that if i don't get it tuned and a power commander, that it will pop and crackle, dont really have that type of dough though for the full system now, so that would be the next step later... but will it hurt the bike with just the megaphone slip on? yeah had the bike now for 3 1/2 months and already put 3500 miles on her, so i know what yah mean about the old lady complaining after a 500 or so mile ride lol, but compared to my old gsxr10000 she loves the rear seat.

You will FOR SURE feel the low end torguw loss, and on the flip side, It's like a flippin shuttle launch on the top end.

If you decide on them get em tuned, also be careful when putting your kick stand up, you dent the left one after the first couple hits....

Just a thought for cheap parts dude.

:whistle::whistle: had them on for six months, but i only have 800 miles on the bikes, I did had the r-22 blings slipons without he the baffles and they sound much alike.

busa 006.jpg

I gave a set away awhile back, I would get a full system if it was me. I lost so much low end tq. I thought I was riding a 750!
Posted via Mobile Device

Just remember the whole thing with noise, Loud pipes dont save squat...by the time anyone hears you where it matters (from the front...) your on them or they are on you, remember wind noise and the direction of the sound....even loud harleys, you cant hear them till they are right there on you at freeways speeds even on slower roads....just my .002 cents....i wouldnt buy them just because you want to get heard ...good luck bud

Back