new exhaust...

sportcustoms71

Registered
i finally got my new hb megaphones on today and wanted to post some pics up and see what yall thought....i posted up a thread before about getting the exhaust and got 50/50 reviews on the megaphones...there loud as heck and i did notice a difference in power but for the money i'm not complaining.....the wife doesn't have to worry about burning her leg now even though she is clumsy sometimes...... but i love her lol....does the pipe look positioned right??? thanks everyone for all the feed back:bowdown:

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

got that same pipe on my gsxr 1000, VERY loud it actually got louder after awhile on the bike. i had mine powder coated black, and looked better imo. i guess i'm getting too old cause its too loud for me now. pic of mine

201_3550.jpg

sport 71, i do have the same and i think you left the stock exhuast spacers on the header, you will need to pull them off to slide the HB's to the base of the of the header or risk lossing one on the fly. they surely look nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

yeah i did notice the weight difference, i just got back from about a 4 hour ride, broke the exhaust in and she's sounding good...

The bike is very nice :beerchug: The apperance of the seat could possibly be improved :whistle:

Not trying to highjack the OP, but for the 8 or so trackdays we have here in HI a year on a short runway course the seat on the 07 use to slow me down a bit in transition from side to side by the way the sweep came down (my fat &ss don't help either:whistle:. I went this route for function and it looks a lot better in person. plus i do have the orig seats to put back on for street riding ( which I barely do)

leftsideprofile.jpg
[/IMG]

The Megaphone definitely cleans up the appearance of the rear section. The sound is pretty obnoxious though. Might run rich now that you've lost all that back pressure. May want to consider having it tuned with a PC.

I have one on my 08. It cleans up the bike well as stated by others, but I've got to admit, the sound is deafening after a long ride.( to each his own) I have reinstalled my stock cans for now. I'm selling mine to get a full exhaust.

hey CrotchRocket is it that bad ? I was thinking about purchasing a set myself but know i'm backing away....... i do like the stealth mode.

hey CrotchRocket is it that bad ? I was thinking about purchasing a set myself but know i'm backing away....... i do like the stealth mode.

I love the way it looks, don't get me wrong, but I started getting a headache after an hour long ride. So I thought I'd rather enjoy the ride with my stock cannons for now.

the seat all it takes is a wipe down with a bit of clear water and that is it, nothing special.

Back