Picts. of new exhaust

hotrod_rick1

2 Wheel Therapy
Donating Member
Registered
I just installed Hotbodies GP slash Cut slip on Megaphone exhaust, WOW , they sound AWESOME !! Not too loud until your up in the rpm. :thumbsup:

100_0695.JPG

100_0696.JPG

100_0697.JPG

Very nice, Did you have to put a Power Comander on it also? I have the two brothers on mine and have thought about changing them amd i really like the one's you have. May i ask where you got them? Thanks in advance, Doug

DSC_0005.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, Did you have to put a Power Comander on it also? I have the two brothers on mine and have thought about changing them amd i really like the one's you have. May i ask where you got them? Thanks in advance, Doug

No power commander needed, I found them on hotbodiesracing.com I payed 249.95 shipped

I will end up doing the marble mod soon, as it wants to back fire just allitle comming down off high rpm

QUOTE=hotrod_rick1;1669708]I will end up doing the marble mod soon, as it wants to back fire just allitle comming down off high rpm[/QUOTE]

:huh2: What's the marble mod?

IMG_2191.jpg

QUOTE=hotrod_rick1;1669708]I will end up doing the marble mod soon, as it wants to back fire just allitle comming down off high rpm

:huh2: What's the marble mod?[/QUOTE]

Pair/Reed Valve block off... Look it up on the top of the 08 busa pinned page . Its a easy fix to the back firing :beerchug:

Last edited:
I just installed Hotbodies GP slash Cut slip on Megaphone exhaust, WOW , they sound AWESOME !! Not too loud until your up in the rpm. :thumbsup:

OK here goes...

I have the same tips on my 08... I was a little disappointed at first just because the kick stand put a small dent in the left one...

I am going to dremel some of the kick stand to clear the edge on the tip...

BUT on the other hand they sound so AWESOME... I mean everybody who hears them especially when you crest 7-8,000 says they sound awesome...

How hard was it to install yours, mad I had WD-40 in there and a nice rubber mallet and pretty much tapped them on until they stopped...

I wonder now if I can tap the left one in farther to clear the kickstand...

I also swear you can feel the torqu loss at lower rpms... I mean she is still 1340 cc's ready to roll... but dudes the top end scream it rediculous. I am going to have to tighten up the rear susp a little b/c of how much lighter the froend end feels when over 8-9,000 and on the freeway...

She really wants to run now, thats for sure...
:whistle:

OK here goes...

I have the same tips on my 08... I was a little disappointed at first just because the kick stand put a small dent in the left one...

I am going to dremel some of the kick stand to clear the edge on the tip...

BUT on the other hand they sound so AWESOME... I mean everybody who hears them especially when you crest 7-8,000 says they sound awesome...

How hard was it to install yours, mad I had WD-40 in there and a nice rubber mallet and pretty much tapped them on until they stopped...

I wonder now if I can tap the left one in farther to clear the kickstand...

I also swear you can feel the torqu loss at lower rpms... I mean she is still 1340 cc's ready to roll... but dudes the top end scream it rediculous. I am going to have to tighten up the rear susp a little b/c of how much lighter the froend end feels when over 8-9,000 and on the freeway...

She really wants to run now, thats for sure...
:whistle:

Disapointing the exhaust doesn't fit with the kick stand up, I had a spot weld on the kickstand where it meets the bike when it is up, so the stand stops before it makes contact with the exhaust.

Last edited:
Disapointing the exhaust doesn't fit with the kick stand up, I had a spot weld on the kickstand where it meets the bike when it is up, so the stand stops before it makes contact with the exhaust.

I would do that but I wear a 15, it would be in the way if it didn't come up that far...

This is just saving me time while I save money over the next few months for the Akra Twin 4-2-2 in carbon:whistle:

Back