Horrible Noises

drewwerd13

Registered
I think I posted a question about this before.  But I took your advice and got a valve adjustment at Suzuki and there is still an incredibly annoying sound coming from the engine when it's warming up.  And there are still some sounds once it's all warmed up.  Little rattles, pings, knocks, and so on...
My question is, what kinds of things could come loose in or on the engine that would make so much noise when it's running?  What kinds of nuts, bolts, and such should I examine?  How much of the bike should I take apart to find the noise?
Just to give you some background on my busa...  It's an '03 and I have put 13,000 miles on it in 6 months.  It's been dropped 3 times.  (Not by me)  No accidents, just fallen.  Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Does the noise lessen when you pull in the clutch? If so this is a normal noise.

I take it you've looked at the cam chain, and adjuster already.

From there pull the plastic, and see if you can find some broken bolt somewhere........if it's been dropped a few times, this is likely.......start the engine after you pull the plastic, you should at least be able to isolate the area if it's running.
If you think the noise is coming from inside the engine grab a big screwdriver.....hold the handle end to your ear, then start touching parts of the engine with the steel end......acts as a stethascope......works quite well. :beerchug:

Ok, this is strange...
My landlord knocked my bike over and broke my double bubble windscreen. So I replaced it with the old stock windscreen. ALL OF A SUDDEN... I can't hear the noise any more! I could swear it was coming from the engine! Either the double bubble was amplifying the sound or it was resonating through the fairings! I don't know. But the sounds is gone! HALLELUJAH!!

Ok, this is strange...
My landlord knocked my bike over and broke my double bubble windscreen.  So I replaced it with the old stock windscreen.  ALL OF A SUDDEN... I can't hear the noise any more!  I could swear it was coming from the engine!  Either the double bubble was amplifying the sound or it was resonating through the fairings!  I don't know.  But the sounds is gone!  HALLELUJAH!!
drew.......I'm startin to feel really bad fer ya dude.......you have really bad luck with keepin that thing on the tires.

Good the noise stopped though.......nuther possibility.....when yer LL knocked it over it jarred the rattling part enough to stop the noise.........jus my .02 dude. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Put training wheels on the Busa, when your landlord is around. Tell him the next time he drops it, he'd better dive under it to cushion the fall. And landlord you say?...Sounds to me like he should have a lesson in just how good the Busa can do a donut in the driveway the day you move out from his rental. :-)

drewwerd 13 glad you found' or should I say lost your noise. I can't belive your bikes been knocked down that many times. I would have been lookin to kick ass!!  when you park your bike alway's put it in 1st gear & roll it forward until motor compression stop's you then lean it onto side stand// if you park in dirt or shell's or rocks put something under sidestand//also try to park in uncongested area's. I have never parked my bike where I did not have sight of it either. hope this help's some good luck!!

:super: :D

My windscreen buzzed from day one.It was really loud and irratating.Took me awhile just to figure out where the noise was coming from,sounded like it was coming from the fairings.

Back