engine noise? knock??

johnnysbusa

Registered
sadnews.gif
i have an 06.with 16,000 on it. seems like when the engines warm i hear a slight knocking noise at an idle? i ask other people if they can hear it, but no one seems to? im on the bike and i know i hear it. only at an idle, not at any other speeds. the bike is stock, i bought it with 13- thou on it. sounds like a lower end noise?? anyone else hear a noise like this on theirs? they just that noisey? or is it me.with the stock exshaust and sitting on it, sure sounds like you can hear alot of the engine noise... any help? ive been reading alot of good posts on this site. you guys and the site are awsome. keep it up! thanks

IMO Suzuki motors have always been a little on the noisy side. Maybe it's time to adjust the valves for a start?

i got a problem too when the enjines is warm up the sound of knocking seems to came from the enjines itself the milage is around60000:welcome:

Hi, I have an 06 limited with low end noise also. Took it to the local Suzuki dealer they say that is the nature of the beast. They told me to ride and enjoy. I use Amsoil with a Suzuki filter,K&N air filter. No recalls on the 06 so far??

I have the same noise on my '04 with 14,000. did you ever resolve it ?

sadnews.gif
i have an 06.with 16,000 on it. seems like when the engines warm i hear a slight knocking noise at an idle? i ask other people if they can hear it, but no one seems to? im on the bike and i know i hear it. only at an idle, not at any other speeds. the bike is stock, i bought it with 13- thou on it. sounds like a lower end noise?? anyone else hear a noise like this on theirs? they just that noisey? or is it me.with the stock exshaust and sitting on it, sure sounds like you can hear alot of the engine noise... any help? ive been reading alot of good posts on this site. you guys and the site are awsome. keep it up! thanks

sadnews.gif
Probably just clutch noise....they all do it. If your throttle bodies are out of sync it will be louder.

same thing on mine (1999, 7000 miles), too. about a month ago (4 weeks to the day, actually), the knock changed and got a little bit louder...about a mile later, the cam chain tensioner let loose and I'm pushin the bike :11doh: . leads me to believe its from the valvetrain.

same thing on mine (1999, 7000 miles), too. about a month ago (4 weeks to the day, actually), the knock changed and got a little bit louder...about a mile later, the cam chain tensioner let loose and I'm pushin the bike :11doh: . leads me to believe its from the valvetrain.
Yep the first couple years had cam chain tensioner issues. I've read of quite a few losing a chain like yours at low miles. Because of that and the starter issues (also a big $$$ fix when it frags the gear and cases) I wouldn't buy an early model busa. Best thing is to be SURE the recalls were done and upgraded parts installed before you buy the bike, or ride it if you've already bought it and its still running good :thumbsup:

Big red one ---yea, ill check into that starter pinion issue too. thx
(sorry for getting off topic)

Last edited:
Big red one ---yea, ill check into that starter pinion issue too. thx
(sorry for getting off topic)
You get those recall issues fixed up and you'll have a rockin' bike :thumbsup: You have 1 of only 2 years where the busa came unrestricted....and changed biking history :beerchug:

just my .02 got 2004 18,ooo and some change had idle set below spec. sounded like it was knocking, readjusted idle too about 1,200 within spec. noise went away and never could here anything above idle just one screaming machjine. I'm not sweating it. I cant hear at any other noise at rpms above 900.

just got my bike back (long story) with a fresh valvetrain...THE KNOCK IS GONE! It sounds so smooooooooooooothe! I'd agree with BIKE DUDE and adjust the valves.

Last edited:
i have an 06 limited also with 6800 miles also hear knocking at idle only ,changed oil , still hear it when warm, its it valves or clutch??? Can i get sum help? PLEASE it drives me crazy , my girl has an 02 and is so smooth, this sucks

Back