Horrible crash video...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ran across this clip on another site. Looks like the front lofted on him coming over the little hillcrest in that turn catching him off guard. Looks like he lost his grip on the bars, being taken backwards by the wind flow. Looks like he tried to get back to the bars and get back in control but was too late... I wish I knew he was ok, but no info posted with the video...

CLICK HERE

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105898340 -->

It looked like he took BOTH hands off the bar and sat up when watching the slow mo
potion of the clip. I thonk he'd have made it if he'd kept steering/riding
through the "wheelie".

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1192"|1105899905 -->

It looked like he took BOTH hands off the bar and sat up when watching the slow mo
potion of the clip. I thonk he'd have made it if he'd kept steering/riding
through the "wheelie".
I wonder if he didn't get on the throttle really hard and just lost his grip on the bars when the wheelie caught him off guard. The windflow pushed him upright, or at least that's what it looks like to me. Looks like the wind is popping him up and he's tryin' not to fly off the back. Doesn't look to me like he just said, "Screw this, I'm going to just sit up for a while."

I've had moments on the 10 where I came off of corners on throttle with the front tire lofting and if I'd lost grip on the bars I could see this very thing happening. Kinda scary to think about it now.
eek2.gif

That's probably good for a fatality unfrotunately. Alot of forces interacting on his body in that one.
wink.gif

dayam....makes my stomach hurt.
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Monty
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105902687 -->

It kinda lookedlike the Isle of Mann race. Was that a concrete barrier he hit, or sand. Its possible he made it.

Watching the slow-mo version it looks like the bike flips and he follows it as it heads for the left side of road. It's a glancing blow to the bales and neither the bike or the rider seem to slow down much. The bad part would be what happens when they both slide off the road - there's a lot of trees etc. to hit. I'd like to know what the final outcome was, expecting the worst though.
rock.gif

Looks like the Isle of Man. That's why some riders will not race there...

Someone on another board said he recognized it as footage from Isle of Mann. He said the rider survived...
wink.gif

does look like the Isle of Mann race .... and I dunno, looks like if he had another foot or so, he mighta driven out of it
rock.gif
looked like he managed to get back down on the bars and was pushing it over trying to steer to the left when he detonated on the hay. Good to hear that he survived
cool.gif
still a good reminder of just what *could* happen out there.
wow.gif

Perfect example why MotoGP mandates so much runoff.
Too bad all tracks aren't like the motoGP tracks.
That's gotta hurt.

Back