Hook Up Shinkos

4acp

Registered
hook-up-drag-radial.jpg

supposed to be about 2 lbs lighter than the 003's from what I have heard.

Cant wait til it warms up around here to test one out.

yea, spencer is selling them i think it was like $179? I very curious as to how there going to last, and how there going to handle on the big end

From what I understand they will not last as long as a U-soft, but longer than the Mickey. Stickier than the U-soft, reportedly as sticky as a Mickey. We shall see... My bike sees little street use, so that's not an issue for me. Usually go through 2 003's a season.

these are not released until Feb. i think some of you have them confused with the 003's.

This is a new product to be released by shinko. They are Called the Hook Up Shinkos.

We just got word of them today.

I also believe the image they have on their website is wrong.

these are not released until Feb. i think some of you have them confused with the 003's.

This is a new product to be released by shinko. They are Called the Hook Up Shinkos.

We just got word of them today.

I also believe the image they have on their website is wrong.
Not confused with the 003's. Testing has been done. Here is the link to Spencers thread about it.

Man you guys have it so good.
We pay 500$ for a set of tyres down in Oz, due to the heat on the roads a good set of tyres will last an average of 5000 miles on a good day and 2000 miles if you grind the crap out of them with some serious riding.

Still on my OEM bridgstone with 3000 miles and im already down to 50% on the rear.
That was taking it easy for the 1st 1000 miles due to me getting used to the new bike after trading up from the Vtwin.

So here in Oz the shinko's are seen as a sub standard tyre, we have a tyre retailer in our local forums over here (good mate, great discounts) who says the shinkos are average.

I wouldnt mind trying them out but at the prices we pay i am hesitant spending cash on tyres that might not be up to spec.
Its not uncommon for our roads to sit at 100f during summer, makes for sticky rubber but shorter tyre life.
Summer here lasts for about 6 months by the way, its either kinda hot, pretty hot or really hot.
At the moment we average 90f daily, parts of southern Oz (the colder parts) are tipping 110f on the odd day.
Any idea if the tyres are of a different build for this part of the world.

IMO the road Shinko's are junk. The only good tire they make is the 003 U-Soft, and it's only good for drag racing. Again that's just my opinion, lots of folks on here have good things to say about them. I'm hoping this new tire will be a bargain in comparison to the M/T

mickey thompsons on sale right now $230 plus shipping,will hook in a sandbox. :rofl:

soon as the new shinko hits warehouse we will find a track to test them and let you know what we think.will do back to back testing,003 already on bike.

Last edited:
Back