The Shinko 003 Drag Radial! First Look!

SpencerCycle.com

Donating Member
Registered
It has been a long process to bring this tire into existence. I brought Shinko into AMA Dragbike and was instrumental in introducing the brand on a national level and setting up a contingency program for the AMA Dragbike series around 3 years ago
I would like to thank everyone that has been associated with this and personally thank Shinko Tires,Scott and Ron for hearing what the racers want and listening to me rant and fight for this to happen!

This IS the Shinko 003 Drag Radial!

SpencerCycle.com is proud to be able to bring YOU the racer what you asked for! A true FIRST look at the tire!

The Shinko Drag Radial is a all out drag race tire for the most serious competitor. I think time will prove that there IS no other comparison. The Shinko Drag Radial WILL be the tire to use to win and obtain the most out of your machine.

After hearing that the racers wanted ......a lighter tire,softer sidewall tire, and a softer compound tire along with a AFFORDABLE price!

I took the concerns to a meeting i had 2 years ago. This is one of my contributions to the sport of motorcycle drag racing.It is not available yet...we are still testing here in the states and will finish up in Valdosta.

The 2009 AMA Dragbike Super Street Championship team of Chris Jones and John Fernandez will be finalizing testing along with myself and the tire should be ready in early 2010 if final testing goes as expected.

Dont get it confused this is not a rebadged 003 Ultrasoft or road race tire. It is a new design that is designed for drag racing and go to battle in EACH class from Street ET to PROSTREET!

I will have more to release at an appropriate time...this tire is INCREDIBLE all on fronts...design,weight,price ect ect .

Thats it for now this is 1 of only 2 here in North America! Keep your eye on the 2009 Shinko Sponsored AMA Dragbike Super Street Champions in Valdosta!

attachment.php?attachmentid=30319&d=1257201466.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=30320&d=1257201466.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=30321&d=1257201466.gif

How did you get a lighter tire, softer sidewall and a softer compound in a tire that will hold up to the modified bikes? You would think with all of those awesome attributes, the tire would shred itself at the track. If it holds up to tire ripping 200mph runs, it will be the most advanced tire out there for a normal width tire. Should be interesting.........take photos of the tire after you run for a day. Remember, pictures rule!

whats the difference between this and the 003 ultra soft?

"After hearing that the racers wanted ......a lighter tire,softer sidewall tire, and a softer compound tire along with a AFFORDABLE price!"

I believe this IS compared with the 003. Lighter, softer sidewall, softer compound.

I've been riding on Shinkos for years and they are great at everything but rain.

Ive actually had the original yokohama 003,, shinko bought the rights to make it..its actually a RAIN slick as far as I know!!

I Got caught in the rain and it was sticking like glue for Me!!

Doug,how much are they??trying to compete with the new Michilin I see!!

Last edited:
How did you get a lighter tire, softer sidewall and a softer compound in a tire that will hold up to the modified bikes? You would think with all of those awesome attributes, the tire would shred itself at the track. If it holds up to tire ripping 200mph runs, it will be the most advanced tire out there for a normal width tire. Should be interesting.........take photos of the tire after you run for a day. Remember, pictures rule!
be amazed just how thin you can make a drag tire sidewall.. (wrinklewalls) :)

Shinko seems to be one of the best tire makers for the drag strip.. Glad they are working getting even better..

too bad they dont make a tire that works well for road course riding.. ($$ are so good)

This sounds good. I can vouch for my 005's that I had. Mine stuck to the road real well for 3 1/2 hours in consistant rain. I am running 009's now and they are awesome.:thumbsup:

Michelin is not even in the same class as this tire...only the mcr2...is comparable

The Power One is blowing away the MT shootout right now . . .:moon: so I am not sure what you mean here- the Michelin hooks better, and lasts longer.

Shinko has always been a heavy, crappy handling tire that happened to stick good for almost no money . . . I am very interested in this new tire - if it is what you say, it would have to hook on a 500+ turbo shootout bike, it would have to go 200 mph, and last around 50 runs!???

Doug, I hope it is as "incredible" as you say it is, can't wait!:whistle:

I sell alot of all the tires mentioned and can't wait to see what this raidial tire does,as the p1 is hard to beat on high hp bikes,the 003 us is still putting it down but has seen it's limits AND MICKEYS WILL HOOK IN THE GRASS.....

LOL...

the Michelin does work..but it is by far not a drag radial...... the MCR2 is killing it self with over pricing...and this is it...the Michelin will never be as good as the MCR2 it is JUST not made that way.

The mcr2 is soft and will hook..it just is overpriced... the P1 will work most of the time but last longer but it too is 225 plus dollars..

anyway...look not going to try and convince everyone...what this is...and what Shinko's are...always going to have people that doubt the brand... people use to say the Shinko would never run a 7 second pass...it was the first DOT ZR rated tire to ever do so..then they said it would never run 7.80...it has been 7.70's...and the list goes on...
I have been in this sport going on 20 years...we still have people think Yosh pipes are for Zuks and Muzzy is for Kaws....:rofl:

I will be doing a presentation of this tire.. this coming wed..and will explain all...you guys can tune into the presentation on SpencerCycle.com I will tell all...and once you see this...you will know the rest of the story...

I wll post the air time Tuesday right here in this topic

Last edited:
Back