new tire

busa854

Donating Member
Registered
put a new rear on busa today. Shinko 003, man I really didn't realize how bad my old tire had gotten til I started riding with the new shinko. Seems to hook up really well. Hope it lasts longer than the oem.

My buddy put a shinko on his tl1000 and loves it. He could only get the rear. Were you able to get a front as well? They are priced right.

My front is still in real good shape, so I just got the rear. Put 300 miles on it today....no complaints.

I'm thinking of a new rear as well...maybe I'll look into the shinko...
thumbs-up.gif

And dont be cheap , use the same rubber on front as your using on the back? Is not your 10,000 bike worth it?

They are the old Yokohama tires. The quality is there!

I have an 005 on the rear of mine right now. The thing is sticky and hooks up really well!

surprisenly they do well in the twisties, well enough to get all the way to the edge.
Is this true?  Scrapping the toe lean?  Do they turn in fast?  My diablo has about 200 miles before i get threads so im about in need?
true true, I have leaned it in all the way to the little rubber thingy's on the side of the tire. I have a 6in arm so I don't know if that plays a part in it. I looked at the tire after yesterdays ride and a few strips are gone. Pics are coming:)
had to go out and snap a few.....

tire_1.jpg

The profile on there is pretty wide...i think i may stick with teh diablo
wink.gif

I go through tires like butter and tried most of the brands. I tried the 005 Shinko and really like it. It is a little harder then the 003 or Diamond

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122856774 -->

Back