Hong Kong Plastics

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I have seen on here a couple times people asking about the Fairings
( Plastics ) from Hong Kong, Wanting to know if they are worth the savings you save. ???

Well up until now I have not been able to respond, Did you see I said up until now. :whistle:

A buddy of mine called me over today to help him install his new Hong Kong Plastics on his ZX14 :cheerleader:

Wellllllllll When I got there he had the nose cone and tail section on, The Nose cone seemed to fit OK But I wasnt there for the install, The tailsection on the other hand had quite a gap on one side of the signal and when he took off the rear tail light cover there was one bolt hole that came no where near where it needed to be. I helped him with the Upper fairings. :banghead: First there was no foam insulation, 2nd When you took his fairing and inner and put them together the bolt holes did not match up ( These are 2 parts they sent that were supposed to match up ) 1 upper fairing was not even painted on the inside, ( Not that your going to see it but come on ) The paint job from a distance looked good but once you got close there were huge runs and waves in the paint. I helped him get the left side on with a little bit of ingenuity ( all his idea ) Drilled holes bigger and cutting away parts so they would fit correctly. We got it to look ok 7 out of 10 I would give it. There was one part ( Tank cover I think ) There was no way in hell this was going to fit. I left him with the right side to do. I just called him and he was pissed. Told me the right side was much worse than the left and he could not even get the inners to fit at all.

He even showed one of the pieces to his girlfriend ( knows nothing of painting ) and she said there was one part that looked like crayon.

So Im going to sum this up with, I WILL NEVER BUY HONG KONG PLASTICS and I recommend you dont either.

I asked him to send pics and if he does I will post them.

One last thing, The place he got them from was here in the U.S. and didnt tell him they were going to be shipped from Hong Kong. :banghead:

Good 2 know... I've heard plenty of stories about the plastic thickness being much more thinner and starts warping and melting within a few weeks of riding... I don't even wanna think about the headache of tryin to fit it all up...

Thaks for the info my best freind was going tov order some. Will get to him tonight about those jacked up fairings.

Thanks for tthe info. Wanted some when I first seen them, but heard some of the horror stories of a friend of a friend of a friend. But, now hearing it first hand from you, not going to happen.

ANYTHING from Hong Kong will probably not be what you expected. Buddy of mine ordered a "double bubble" smoked windscreen on E-Bay from Hong Kong for his ZX. Looked ok on E-Bay, but when he got it on the bike IT WAS HUGE!!! Not only that it was so brittle it cracked within 2 weeks. "But it was only $20.00!"

This is the only pic I have of it...

100_1982.jpg

ANYTHING from Hong Kong will probably not be what you expected. Buddy of mine ordered a "double bubble" smoked windscreen on E-Bay from Hong Kong for his ZX. Looked ok on E-Bay, but when he got it on the bike IT WAS HUGE!!! Not only that it was so brittle it cracked within 2 weeks. "But it was only $20.00!"

This is the only pic I have of it...

Double Bubble? Thats like Quinntuple bubble:rofl:

Get what ya pay for i guess, sucks that his 14 his jacked up right now. A friends 14 sits in my garage, no exhaust and half nekked with unshimmed zx10 wheels. Winter project just starting

Double Bubble? Thats like Quinntuple bubble:rofl:

Get what ya pay for i guess, sucks that his 14 his jacked up right now. A friends 14 sits in my garage, no exhaust and half nekked with unshimmed zx10 wheels. Winter project just starting

Frog you made the right choice just got word suzuki is shipping your piece out tomorrow..

If you want a cheap throw-away body for the track, go for it. Those imperfections don't show up on the pictures.

Back