Aftermarket Fairings?????????

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Does anyone have experience with aftermarket fairings? The Hong Kong fairing kits are all over ebay and I'd like to hear from anyone who has purchased or used these fairings or any other aftermarket plastics!

well what i hear is that the paint on them look great but the problem is u will have to drill out the mounting holes cuz they are smaller than the stock holes.. just what i heard on another forum

not sure about the busa fairings but we just put a full set on a buddys cbr 1000rr. got them on ebay from "AUCTMARTS" in hong kong.only had to drill 1hole a tad bigger. they fit decent enough for the money. i'm still waiting for my carbon fiber set from MDI. suppose to be here on wednesday:please:.......can't wait!!!!

Thanks for the comments guys! I don't think drilling out a hole or two would be unexpected. Most all race plastics have to be drilled as well. As long as the fit is decent it's probably worth the $$.

Inkman, is the Hong Kong plastics about the same thickness as the OEM? Do you think it's heavier?

man, i would love to swap mine out for the 99' copper/silver. i heard from another thread here that you will have to drill holes to align properly but the fit and finish was pretty good. ???

Thanks for the comments guys! I don't think drilling out a hole or two would be unexpected. Most all race plastics have to be drilled as well. As long as the fit is decent it's probably worth the $$.

Inkman, is the Hong Kong plastics about the same thickness as the OEM? Do you think it's heavier?

I with you tuf...to hafta enlarge a hole or two..

is to be EXPECTED.

over the years i've also seen many providers of aftermarket fairings and plastics get drilled (pun intended) out of biz on the net due to...

1. The mechanically declined private installer.

2. then gen pop not realizing it's almost impossible to drill a pattern that fits the bike-to-bike tolerances of production bikes let alone the 2nd owner of a bike that may have sustained a slightly skewed frame geometry from light drop on the 1st owners part...and then the provider of said products takes it on the chin with ranting posts on the net with under-tail kits seemingly leading the pack as the most biotched about product...and why?...simple....they sell a shidload more of'em! :laugh:

he11...i remember the day when they advertised fit'em up yerself.."NO PRE-DRILLED HOLES" on aftermarket fairings (especially race plastics)...

he11...when i was 16?...i bought a cafe kit 1/2 paid for and ordered by a guy with a Kawi 500 Triple MachIII....then totaled his bike before it arrived...i got it for a song and adapted it to my honda CB360T with honda factory power-roll bigbore/cam kit (still slow as hell though :laugh: )...the tank, seatpad and ductail where all one piece plastic and came with a sweet round healight bikini/caf'e fairing...had ta make a few brackets here and there to adapt things and all held together with rubber washers and slot head screws but..

i was the shizzle at my HS motorcycle parking lot! :rofl:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
I got a c/f set off craigslist. It took some drilling (actually the windshield holder was messed up so it took a little dremeling too) but after some hours she's a good looking bike again.

man, i would love to swap mine out for the 99' copper/silver. i heard from another thread here that you will have to drill holes to align properly but the fit and finish was pretty good. ???
I agree. Still my favorite stock paintjob.

i wonder why nobody has ever made redesigned plastics like some styling angles into the sides or somethin, different cutouts, etc, ya know?
Posted via Mobile Device

Inkman, is the Hong Kong plastics about the same thickness as the OEM? Do you think it's heavier?[/QUOTE]

not heavier but similar for sure.for the money, tough to beat, they went on a track bike. seemed like a waste to leave perfect stock plastics on it. besides, the new set came with a funky paintjob!! if you don't expect a show quality set, i think you'll be more than happy.

Back