Gen 1 with Hong Kong Plastics pics

really like the black with red flames, both sets look good.
gotta ask Dehning, with all that you have done to that bike, how come you still have the rear mud flap and reflectors? just curious

Funny that you mention the mud-flap, I actually still have the cut down one but I thought I'd try a full one for a while as it has more of a complete look. (Plus it kind of balances my gaudy skull and flames license frame ! :laugh: )
motorcycleflame.jpg

The list of things I've done since I got the bike is a little crazy, but briefly:
Added front forks, calipers, reservoirs, headlight, tank, hump and fuel tank to get it running. Bike had a bunch of chrome stuff when I got it.
Since then:
2006 tank, corbin seat, PC-III, full mudflap, chrome/led integrated taillight, micron slipons, cut & painted exhaust hangers, frame plugs, HK rearsets, HK rotors F&R, Shinko Ravens, HK side fairings, reflective kanji, chrome screens, HID headlight, GSXR 1K mirrors & block off plates & rear brake cylinder, vortex sprocket, race levers, braided lines & HH pads, Zero Gravity screen, chrome reservoir & gas cap, fork caps, flame/chrome grips, GSXR 1K gauges with custom face, digital fuel gauge, gear indicator, Smart TRE, PAIR blockoff, stainless screws all over & a bunch more trivial stuff.

It's a sickness...

I like the mud flap with a dual muffler set-up. Just looks more "right" to me.
An Alien Head exhaust or such might be a different story.

Funny that you mention the mud-flap, I actually still have the cut down one but I thought I'd try a full one for a while as it has more of a complete look. (Plus it kind of balances my gaudy skull and flames license frame ! :laugh: )
motorcycleflame.jpg

The list of things I've done since I got the bike is a little crazy, but briefly:
Added front forks, calipers, reservoirs, headlight, tank, hump and fuel tank to get it running. Bike had a bunch of chrome stuff when I got it.
Since then:
2006 tank, corbin seat, PC-III, full mudflap, chrome/led integrated taillight, micron slipons, cut & painted exhaust hangers, frame plugs, HK rearsets, HK rotors F&R, Shinko Ravens, HK side fairings, reflective kanji, chrome screens, HID headlight, GSXR 1K mirrors & block off plates & rear brake cylinder, vortex sprocket, race levers, braided lines & HH pads, Zero Gravity screen, chrome reservoir & gas cap, fork caps, flame/chrome grips, GSXR 1K gauges with custom face, digital fuel gauge, gear indicator, Smart TRE, PAIR blockoff, stainless screws all over & a bunch more trivial stuff.

It's a sickness...

was just curious, your bike looks very good!!!! :thumbsup:

my buddy got these ones ( not all installed yet when we go tto Sturgis , but they looked good . i think he said it was $800 , and the had heat shield material in them . they came with the tank cover and all plastics including painted inners

IMAG0015.jpg

Last edited:
my buddy got these ones ( not all installed yet when we go tto Sturgis , but they looked good . i think he said it was $800 , and the had heat shield material in them . they came with the tank cover and all plastics including painted inners

Wow, that's not bad, I hadn't seen anybody making painted tank covers, that changes ones options quite considerably.

Mine were $550 shipped for :
L&R lower side cowls for the busa
L&R lower side cowls for the blackbird
top cowl for the blackbird
double bubble windshield for blackbird
all decals plus enough heat shield for liberal use on all fairings.

Both bikes look good to me. I'd just worry about the paint and fairings cracking long term.
Posted via Mobile Device

Both bikes look good to me. I'd just worry about the paint and fairings cracking long term.
Posted via Mobile Device

Having first hand experience with them, I can tell you that the fairing itself is no more likely to crack over time than the OEM fairing. If however you neglect to install the provided heat shield (like the OEM ones have) then the paint will most likely start to lift.

it's a volt/air temp/clock meter

Yeah, what he said :laugh:

Actually, since the GSXR gauges already have a clock, I don't feed power to this thing when the bike is off, the result is now an automatic trip time meter since the clock always powers up at 0:00 :thumbsup:

Don't use it as much as I thought, might drop it soon.

It wasn't that hard, but you will need to get an external fuel gauge like the one on the right of the cluster I got for $50

Basically I cut up a nylon bread board to make the mounting surface (covered it with carbon fiber sticker when I was done). I slightly enlarged the existing hole on the old fairing/gauge mount and made everything fit from there. The plug is the same but you have to move a few pins around.

From my previous post on the subject: "The first column is the pin number as labled on the plug itself, the second is the pin number as labled by the silkscreening on the PC board of the GSXR gauges (you will probably ignore this column). The last column has the main color of the cable first and if there's a colored stripe, then that's the second color. I believe my bike has the original harness and it's a 2003. "

GSXRPO1.jpg

Back