finishing of the plastics..

scooterlord

Registered
uhm, guys, i got my hayabusa second hand. when i bought the bike i had seen that the inner fairing plastics from one side of the bike had a small gap in between them, but thought that it was no big deal. now some time haas passed and noticed that the left-upper plastic from the inside of the fairing doesn't fit directly into the tach panel and so does the right side inner plastic and fairing outside. i post some pics, hope you get the idea. i tried unscrewing some bolts and putting the plastics in, but they don't get any better. do you think that the bike has a bent fairing base? do your plastics fit in all ok? i am also wondering if their place was changed a bit after the change of an oil filter (aka when the tank had to be removed and reinstalled). any ideas? any help? :/

PIC0001.JPG

Possibel, but = possble that they are not connected with the correct hardware. You may be ablle to pull together closer. I have had mine out like that a view times.

I've had the same problem with mine after some hard riding....I loosened the adjioning screws to the area...held the panels back together and retightend the screws. The Pis with the das panel I also have that proble with....I currently have mine bike in peices, and was planing to close that same gap. When/if I can close it...I'll let ya know how to do it. PJ

Back