Aftermarket fairings from Hong Kong

johnny1980

Registered
Anyone order any of the fairing kits from Hong Kong? Curious to see how they look,quality,and fitment
Any suggestions

I was doing a couple 600's awhile back and ordered 2 sets,I sent 1 back and lost $100 pure junk..thin in spot,no holes lined..

Alot of my friends think they are smart because they found some nice looking fairings for CHEAP! Little do they know they are junk. 3 of my friends ordered together and only 1 of them got theirs on time the other 2 was about 2-4 weeks late. They look ok about 7/10 i would say, and the fitment is a 2/10. We had to literally drill new holes to make them fit. All in all yeah their cheap, but dont get OWNED just do it right the first time.

Depends on which company you order from-= sorry about the bad pics but these both fit well and look quite well in person. To say the least, for $489 shipped I was shocked!! In the daylight, after he waxed it, I was even more amazed. Look for some pics on here of a Corona Busa Kit-even more amazing

06blkbusa 063.jpg

06blkbusa 064.jpg

06blkbusa 065.jpg

06blkbusa 066.jpg

06blkbusa 067.jpg

I am thinking about a set for race skins...they are lighter I hear.

After I'd seen them that was my first thought, I cant recall the name of that company though. At the same time my friend also bought a set for his friends '07 GSXR 600 and wasn't even close the the same quality and fit as his '02 1000

After I'd seen them that was my first thought, I cant recall the name of that company though. At the same time my friend also bought a set for his friends '07 GSXR 600 and wasn't even close the the same quality and fit as his '02 1000
what if you safety latch the plastics.

I ordered a set for a zx-6r... Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

Personally i would do the following. Get them to fit properly by shaving the holes for mounting. Place heat tape in the correct spots...

Then clear coat them a few more times.

Over all they are not bad... And again you get what you pay for.

what if you safety latch the plastics.

The later models' troubles were that the bosses or stands on the back of the pieces appeared to be glued on or attached after the sideskin was first molded so they were slightly off, the ones that were just a hole though the side worked ok,and again for race skins with safety latches I think it would work fine-at 1/3 the cost of Sharkskins

750.jpg

I wonder how much stock to place in this guarantee. I wonder if I buy with my visa card if their consumer protection covers me if it's crap for fit.

Quote from fast fairings

"
Here at FastFairings.com we encounter many of the same questions each and everyday. One of the biggest questions or problems we see and hear about is in regards to fairing sets that have been purchased on eBay. eBay is chock-full of b-grade,cheaply made fairing sets that are no where near in comparison to what we offer here at FastFairings.com. The quality and fitment offered from fairing kits on eBay is horrific.

The common issues we hear about on a regular basis from eBay fairings customers include: melted plastic, chipped or cracked paint, lack of pre-drilling, poor fitment, damaged parts upon arrival, no customer service or support. At FastFairings.com we utilize only the highest quality materials when producing our products. Our kits are machine-made and offer superior fitment. Our paint work is professionally done and offers the best finish available. You will not experience any of the dreaded eBay problems when shopping with us, we guarantee it! We always stand behind our product 100%!

Please feel free to email us or call us with any quetsions! We look forward to working with you!"

:thumbsup:Thank you took everyones advise going with factory fairings. When you take the cheap way out you usually get burnt

I contacted fast fairings and was told they could send me pics of customer bikes with their fairings installed.

They sent these

IMG_0243.jpg

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 049.jpg

B&G4ever.jpg

untitled.jpg

Mike K5.jpg

333.jpg

they do look pretty good from the shots if it's really there work and not the riders personal pictures of custom painted fairings. :whistle:

might not be since diffrent bikes had same style paint jobs

Back