Homesick

rdnckjim

Registered
Been stationed in England for 2 solid years now and doesn't look like going home is gonna happen anytime soon, but lucky me the Bass Master classic is on and now I miss fishing with the family. Anyone else out there far from home?

Not me, gotta suck bein away for so long. Try to enjoy it while ya can, dont wanna be an old man sayin I wish I was able to see more when I was there.

spent a bunch of time in the UK and know the feeling. Where are you at?

heh, in south korea right now bud. is your wife with you? if so you're definitely one up on me.

Hang in there and try to enjoy the area while you can. It could be worse. Hopefully you will be home soon. God Bless!

Yup know what ya mean. I think I have lived in Iraq for the same amount of time I have been at home in the last 6 years....(steps outside) "sigh" yup still here

I'm at lakenheath now about an hour from London, its nice to travel, and ya my wife is with me, completely understand that Korea is worse than this place because your family cannot come with, but its just been a while since I've gotten to shoot a gun, or go fishing without it costing me an arm and a leg, or not pay $9 a gallon for gas, which you don't always have to do but if you get far enough on a trip from base you have to fill up sometime. Thanks everyone for the support

the killer is that i'm allowed to bring family, it just takes forever for the command sponsorship to go through.

I'm at lakenheath now about an hour from London, its nice to travel, and ya my wife is with me, completely understand that Korea is worse than this place because your family cannot come with, but its just been a while since I've gotten to shoot a gun, or go fishing without it costing me an arm and a leg, or not pay $9 a gallon for gas, which you don't always have to do but if you get far enough on a trip from base you have to fill up sometime. Thanks everyone for the support

I've been to that base, its not bad, certainly better than RAF Croughton :laugh: I'm coming through London for a night in May if you need anything and want to make the drive down :beerchug:

Back