Home Electrical issue

Most codes now require kitchens, Bathrooms, outside/exterior which garages are sometimes consider if they aren't heated - places were your likely to encounter water. GF can be located outside, in the garage, on the actual plugs, or on the circuit breakers. Sometime they can be a little tricky to find. My neighbor's outside light post wouldn't work, I told him it was GFCI he couldn't find it. Went over and it was on a plug at the rear of the house.

Had this happen as well, only the outside plugs were controlled through garage GFI ; took forever to figure it out. I went ahead and replaced ALL the GFI "generic" plugs with ones that show a amber led when they are "tripped". No guessing as to if its tripped or not (w/o the fluke that is). Both of my baths are equipped with GFI plugs.
:whistle:
What I can't seem to figure out is why in tarnations do some electricians install plug outlets upside down? i.e.. the ground plug on top. Bothers me to no end as the nightlights, plug-in air fresheners..etc are not designed for this. Thought the builder was being hateful towards us till I seen several other houses the same way? What gives?
No this photo is not upside down..lol

I've been slowly going through the homestead flipping them around.

I know that DuPont liked this because they wanted the person plugging in or pulling out to contact the ground or 0 potential leg instead of the hot leg in case of accidental contact.

It's the way I was trained 30 years ago.

Back