Anther Electrical Issue

mcantar

Registered
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a Busa problem, but it's a problem and it's on my Busa (a 2008).
I'm trying to install a Koso RX1N gauge, and I'm having an issue with the speedometer. The Koso came with a short harness, and on it there are 3 wires for the speed sensor. On the Busa, there is one single (pink) wire going to the OEM gauges that is labeled "Speed" on the diagram.
I've been told that the Koso is looking for a hall effect sensor signal which is a 3 wire deal... power, ground, and signal. Based on my electrical knowledge (which is lacking), I'm assuming that the Busa is made to run just the signal, hence the single wire.
Koso sells a speed sensor setup that mounts to the front wheel, which I'd rather avoid using.
Would it be possible to jump the power and ground wires to the main power and ground already feeding into the gauge, and put the signal wire to the pink wire on the Busa side? If so, would it be best to use the 12V constant or the 12V ignition source (the gauge has both going to it, constant for the clock and ignition for everything else). If not, is there any way to wire things up to make it work or do I just need to deal with the extra crap on the front wheel?

Got it figured out. I missed the VCC wire, overlooked it thinking it was something else until I went back to check the wiring diagram for a different issue.
I jumped the speedo ground into the main gauge ground, the speedo power into the VCC, and the speedo signal input to the pink wire going to the OEM gauges.

Back