Has Anybody Wired Up A Koso Gauge?

mcantar

Registered
Specifically an RX1N? I'd imagine the RX2N wiring would be very similar as well, if not the same.
I'd like to attack this tomorrow but I don't know if I can pull signal from the OEM gauge harness wires or if the Koso reads things differently.
This is on a Gen 2, by the way.

Well I've got it mostly together. Have all the idiot lights working, with the exception of the FI/check engine light as I'm not quite sure where to pull that from yet... if it's even possible. I think I have the tach working, will test ride tomorrow to confirm. Main thing giving me an issue is the speedometer... Busa has a single wire going to the gauges, and the Koso is a 3-wire deal (hall effect?).

I put one on my GSX1400.

I decided not to use the factory looms speedo feed. I ran a single wire down the front brake hose to a small sensor. No magnets to glue on. Mine is set to count the right hand disc brake bobbins.

image.jpg

Haven't set everything up, only wanted dash lights, main beam, indicators, oil light, fuel gauge, speedo and revs. One feature I do like is from the last reset of the trip counter it remembers highest speed and revs. I also like the shift and pre shift lights.

The speedo is the only thing I ran a new feed too.
Everything else runs from the factory loom.

I do regret not having the factory fault codes but I've wired the new clock up onto an old damged clocks plug so now the KOSO just plugs in. I've i have any dramas I can still plug in a mates dash to see codes.

Back