electrical issue

dewie

Registered
I've got a 07 busa and have a Pingel electric shifter I'm working on. It's all set up and I've used the shifter before and it worked fine. Now I have been working on it and went to start the bike and test the shifter, with the bike off I hit the shift button from N to 1st and it died? The speedo lights and headlights where still on but now when I turn the key on I don't hear the fuel pump. It's like the kill switch is on but it's not. I looked at the fuse's on the bike and the Pingel fuse and they are all good? Battery is on the trickle 12.9v.

Is there something else I'm missing? the headlights and dash lights on it can't be the main 30amp fuse under the tail right?
and help is great.
Thanks fella's

The battery might have enough juice to light up the lights but not enough to turn on the fuel pump on or start the bike! Try jump starting the bike!

Thanks dadof3. I bet that's it. The bike is on a stand with the kickstand down. Never though of that. Your the man.

The display says "CHECK" for a reason, LOL (when the kickstand is down and the bike is in gear).

Don't feel bad. There was a thread a while back where everyone would tell a story how they did something silly around the bike.

You didn't start the bike without the oil in the engine...
You didn't forget to put the oil cap back...
You didn't forget to extend the kickstand when parking the bike...
You didn't flip the kill switch, and then took the bike apart to figure out why it wouldn't start...
You didn't accidentally swap spark plug wires and wondering why the bike ran like crap...
You didn't use the bottle jack to lift the bike and the bike slipped...
You didn't forget to tighten your gear shifter and didn't lose it during the ride...

:laugh: :laugh:

wheel shud be spinning wen u use the shifter. how do u like the Pingel btw? do u have anything to compare to? thought about gettn one so I dont hav to fill up ever but I hear mixed things on how fast it shifts at the track under WOT. does urs shift up and down?

I can't use my legs so the pingel is the only way now. It shifts up and down just have to clutch it out of first gear. I've had to replace the control module but Pingel stood behind their product and replaced it no problem. The only trick is I have to give it a bit of throttle downshifting which is odd. It shifts super fast, which I raced with it on my old busa. I would recommend getting a gear indicator if you get a shifter. You can also adjust your shift speed but I haven't gotten that far into it yet. Nice clean looking setup.

Back