Hmf serious problem

Shim the pipe out,take the swingarm off and go have it heliarc welded up,just tell the welder to turn his machine waaay down, the aluminum is thin,after you get it welded up,grind it down sand it,then either polish or chrome it.I've done this,no problems.NJ.:;):
Pobably cheaper, easier, and safer to buy a used swingarm... You can pick them up on Ebay all the time or post in the Wanted section...... Just my $ .02

You know, a rub hole like that doesn't happen overnight. Your just now voicing concern? Seems that you might want to inspect the rest of your bike also.
+1 I would think you'd notice that if you kept up with the bike enough... at least one THAT big.
rock.gif

Besides shimming, you can also adjust the position of the pipe by loosening the clamps and twisting the pipe slightly. I got mine to fit very closely but without hitting, and I'm very happy with it.

Besides shimming, you can also adjust the position of the pipe by loosening the clamps and twisting the pipe slightly. I got mine to fit very closely but without hitting, and I'm very happy with it.
I learned that one the hard way,My first install that happened,I've done 2 more since then,no more problems.You just cant get in a hurry.Once you start to tighten things up,if you see that youre about an 1/8 of inch away from the arm,you need to either twist the pipe or add a washer or 2.Its a well put together system,the one I put on the copper bike,I didnt wrap,I've had no problems with melting plastics or rubbing the arm.NJ.

Pardon me while I geeze for a moment, but there is an od saying (still used) "Let the buyer beware". I've installed the HMF system on 2 Busas and think it is the best looking (less fat azzed) and sounds great as well. It also allows unlimited ground clearance in turns and as I found out the hard way
the only way it will touch down is to crash!!!!
Back to geezing, with this system, and as others have said about other aftermarket parts (or mods), I believe you should live by "LET THE OWNER/INSTALLER BEWARE''. The system works but YOU have to accept resposibility for how it is installed, not the manufacturer. If YOU cannot do it yourself then pay someone else to do it, however, YOU will still be resposible to check their work before paying.
End of geeze!
the only way it will touch down is to crash.

I have a 2003 HMF full Carbon Fiber dual system for sale. System is in great shape. Its going in the for sale section but first $650.00 or best offer takes it. The system is off of Sageronin's 03. We are making some more changes to go with the new theme of the bike. PM if interested.
biggrin.gif

I installed my highmounts...they were a bear. In fact some my remember a couple of posts looking for advice. The fit is very tight...I got frustrated a number of times. But, I couldn't be happier with the finished product.

idea.gif
This is from the HMF instructions

HMF.JPG

Mine are not shimmed, and I have enough room at the swing arm. I've actually not seen that problem before with them. I guess that's really something that you need to just pay attention to on the install. HMFs are a #####, but when lined up right they don't rub.

If you are going to remove the swingarm. Just pick one up on ebay rather then welding it. Stock arms go cheap on ebay. I wouldnt ever bother welding something like that.

Back