Exhaust

NINJA KILLER

JUST CRUISN '
Donating Member
Registered
What's up All, I was looking at getting HMF Highmounts for my 07 and was wondering if anybody that has HMF's has any problems with the exhaust rubbing on anything or any clearance issues ?
beerchug.gif

(NINJA KILLER @ Sep. 10 2007,08:13) What's up All, I was looking at getting HMF Highmounts for my 07 and was wondering if anybody that has HMF's has any problems with the exhaust rubbing on anything or any clearance issues ?  
beerchug.gif
I was looking at HMFs too. Steve (of Smithers Custom Busa) had mentioned that people complained about it rubbing on the fairing, so I decided not to get them.

I have the HMF Dual High mount system. All I can say is if you install them correctly, they won't rub on anything. If you paint your hugger and don't use a high temp paint, it will blister the paint on the left side of the bike...................... Don't ask me how I know that.

Don

who is the best to get them off, I would like to bring a set to Australia, so I am looking for someone I can trust.

Rick

Rubbed the swingarm brace on my 04 when I ran them.
Had the bike lowered also.
Just beat in the midpipe just a little where it would hit and never had any more problems.

Quote:
"I would like to bring a set to Australia, so I am looking for someone I can trust.

email info@streetandtrack dot com

Charles will do you right .

If you don't want any swing arm rubbing worries they have the duals with low mount mid-pipes .

(USN05LE @ Sep. 10 2007,14:41) I have the HMF Dual High mount system.  All I can say is if you install them correctly, they won't rub on anything.  If you paint your hugger and don't use a high temp paint, it will blister the paint on the left side of the bike......................  Don't ask me how I know that.

Don
+1

Mine rub on nothing, and i have painted undertail with no blistering (normal paint)

STEVEN_001a.jpg

My cousin has them on his 04 ltd and his fairings have some heat damage in a few places. Other than that I don't know of any problems. I would guess that if you had the right heat shielding it wouldn't be a problem. I will say they are loud as S@%#!!!!!

I them and with no issues. See my write up in the mod section. The header is close to the fan, but not hitting, and no heat issues. The very bottom of the fairing and belly pan is realy close, jsut add extra heat sheilding and have no issues. Ive been told I have the new version of this exhaust?

mine1.jpg

(BigRod1300 @ Sep. 11 2007,09:04)  Ive been told I have the new version of this exhaust?
I saw that post .

Yours is the same as the next guys . 4 down tubes that are slip fit where they run into two Y's held together by springs on the underside that was not shown in your pics .

If they were not slip fit into the Y's you could not ever have spread the down tubes/ spigot ends apart so they would go into the exhaust side of head and they are shipped as your photo showed with the system layed out .  Twisted in towards each other .

post-11-40648-dscn0861.jpg

I used a tubing expander and had my pipes coated inside out . By expanding to size at home before the coating process I did not have to grind any of the coating off because of the additional coating thickness .

I used Thermo-Tec heat barrier in a few places inside the side fairings and am good to go in terms of protecting the plastic from heat damage .

This is probably my favorite exhaust system, but it's hit or miss w/ the HMF high mounts. Obviously, their tolerances must not be that consistent in manufacturing. Some have said they slap right on with no problems, while others have had absolute nightmares with the fitment. Install ability only factors in so much. For $1000+ they should be more consistent.

Back