Hmf serious problem

The Fletch

Registered
i have the hmf highmount system and the left side rubbed a hole in my swing arm the upper part what should i do about this? contact hmf and #####? do i need a new swingarm? is it safe to ride on? i'll try to post a pic

pic 1

hole1.JPG

I think I have that same problem. I'm going to talk to some people and get advice on either replacing my swingarm or keep riding but push the pipe out more with spacers. I'll let you know what I decide.

Shim the pipe out,take the swingarm off and go have it heliarc welded up,just tell the welder to turn his machine waaay down, the aluminum is thin,after you get it welded up,grind it down sand it,then either polish or chrome it.I've done this,no problems.NJ.:;):

First I'd contact HMF and see if they've had "other" bikes with the same issues . I had a problem with a mod of mine last year , sent them pics and within a month they fixed all for me .

You know, a rub hole like that doesn't happen overnight. Your just now voicing concern? Seems that you might want to inspect the rest of your bike also.

WTF? Excuse me fellas, I don't have the HMF high mounts but it's on the wishful thinking list.  If someone is going to shell out ~$1000.00+ for an exhaust system this crap "should not" be happening.  HMF needs to get their rulers back out and re-measure if this is going to be the result.

This is making me think about going in another direction for an exhaust.  Has HMF given any kind of response to this?

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155845379 -->

Shim the pipe out,take the swingarm off and go have it heliarc welded up,just tell the welder to turn his machine waaay down, the aluminum is thin,after you get it welded up,grind it down sand it,then either polish or chrome it.I've done this,no problems.NJ.:;):
Cool Paul ... thanks for the advice!!
You know I gotcha DJ! How's the #2 boosted project coming along?
Picking it up next Monday ... I'll post pics, charts, and ride report
smile.gif

You know, a rub hole like that doesn't happen overnight. Your just now voicing concern? Seems that you might want to inspect the rest of your bike also.
Good point Paul ... I don't know how I missed mine as I thought I was washing and inspecting my scoot good enough ... but obviously not ... it is kind of hidden behind the pipe and I missed it ... actually GPW found mine the other day. Lesson learned though ... I have to be more diligent!!

If you take your time, it will all line up and nothing will rub or even have contact...
But, it is a tedious process and a lot of trail and error to get it just right...
But it will fit...

David

I was going to get this same system,then someone here told me it fits like S hit...so now this thread makes me more of a believer.

I am now looking into a Ti-Force....

I was going to get this same system,then someone here told me it fits like S hit...so now this thread makes me more of a believer.

I am now looking into a Ti-Force....
I mean what's so freakin' hard about making an exhaust to spec w/out having to adjust 10 diff. things through trial and error to get it to fit. It's not like HMF can't get their hands on an OE Busa.

WTF?  Excuse me fellas, I don't have the HMF high mounts but it's on the wishful thinking list.  If someone is going to shell out ~$1000.00+ for an exhaust system this crap "should not" be happening.  HMF needs to get their rulers back out and re-measure if this is going to be the result.

This is making me think about going in another direction for an exhaust.  Has HMF given any kind of response to this?
I am with you on this, i mean yeah the hmf system looks and sounds bad a$$, but man i just keep hearing horror stories about them or the install of them. I don't know
rock.gif

I dont know what all the complaining is about,install the system and shim it to where its not close,end of story,they give you the spacers,you either install it correct or pay someone to install it correct.

Actually HMF is just like many other companies in that they cut their stuff to fit pretty much in exactly one way. This makes them tricky to install but worth the effort.

Here's the "RUB" it's up to the consumer to make certain their aftermarket stuff is properly installed. It's NOT HMF's fault, plain and simple. If you twiddle and fidget with their pipes you get a perfect installation. It's the Consumers responsibility to stay on top of their equipment and make sure everything is correct. This is true for brakes, chains, wheels, risers, etc... Anything you change from stock is a possible source of nightmares and it leaves you with no one to blame.

Pisser about the swing arm, seriously spooky, But I still say it's the owners job to make certain everything is correct.
sad.gif

Back