HMF high mount questions

Stepsidez71

Registered
I keep looking at the HMF highmount system for my 2005. I have a couple of questions.

Is the lowend power effected much by the Full HMF system?

How do they sound? Are they super loud or just a nice deep rumble?

you want low end get a 43t Rear sprocket and the hmfs are real nice pipes a friend has them.

HMF hi-mount sounds well, to put in two words:

F**KN AWESOME!!!
bowdown.gif

I had these pipes on my bike for the first 2 years I had it-honestly?? even sounds better than my TiForce at full blast-just so deep n throaty, almost v-twin-like but on steroids
firedevil.gif

The dual-pipe HMF systems all make good low-end power, just make sure you get a PCIII with the correct map and you'll be one happy camper
beerchug.gif

mybusa.JPG

You will not be dissoppointed. Deep rumble and some noise, not to bad thu. When rolling up to stop light its like opening up 50ft zipper. Here is my old shot before the exhuast mod.

post_6_34705_DSCN1007.jpg

they definitely make a nice improvement in the low end torque and have a great low rumble...you can get them to just talk a little when you are easing along so you can get out of your neighborhood at 3 AM without waking up everyone but when you get above 8000 RPM they are going to hear you in the next county
thumb_up.gif

Sound good and get you the HP as most systems are very close for pipes.

HMF hi-mount sounds well, to put in two words:

F**KN AWESOME!!!
bowdown.gif

I had these pipes on my bike for the first 2 years I had it-honestly?? even sounds better than my TiForce at full blast-just so deep n throaty, almost v-twin-like but on steroids
firedevil.gif

The dual-pipe HMF systems all make good low-end power, just make sure you get a PCIII with the correct map and you'll be one happy camper
beerchug.gif
Those look familiar... It's like I owned them after you did...

I LOVED my HMF's! Looked awesome and performed great. To me, low end was better than the BDE pipe I had on it before. Next busa I get will have HMF High Mount Carbonfiber exhaust.

They Sound and look good but are a pain in the butt to install make sure that if you install them yourself get new exhaust gaskets to install
thumb_up.gif

HMF are great, not probably the easiest to put on but they sound good, get good extra power from them and looks AWESOME on a Busa...better than any other exhaust imho...

IMG_1682_edited.jpg

ohsnap1.gif
I left the flux capacitor on again when I parked
tounge.gif

They are a nice exhaust but a pain to install. Mine still hits the swingarm a little when i romp on it. I gave up i tried everything to get it away from the swingarm.....

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a nice exhaust but a pain to install. Mine still hits the swingarm a little when i romp on it. I gave up i tried everything to get it away from the swingarm.....
It's happened before with others who forgot. Did you use the spacers? If so, maybe add some washers to space it out more.

It's happened before with others who forgot. Did you use the spacers? If so, maybe add some washers to space it out more.
Arnt the spacers for the rear pegs? I took the rear pegs off b/c it made it stick in more.

Back