high mileage on a busa

08Busa51

Registered
I would like to know how many miles you can put on a busa? I have an 08 busa and have accumulated 40,000 miles. Is this a large amount on a busa? I bought it new in June 08, regular scheduled maintenance and so far, not much stretch on chain or wear on sprocket.

I'm at 43k on my 2008 now, and I am not worried at all about it. Just keep changing oil and keep up on the maintenance, and it will last forever. I know one guy with 110k on a Gen1. I also know another guy with an old gixxer 1000 with 250k on it.

My last valve check, not a single one was out of spec - and I have never had anything fail.

P.S. - I'm expecting 200k out of this bike, and have no concerns about getting there.

Alot of over 100k busas out there useually what kills them is wrecks . I got 50k on mine

I have 77,000 miles on my 05. The last valve job the mechanic said the cam shafted was pitted a bit. Hope to put on 100,000 miles.

Thats a lot of miles.8700 on mine.That makes 2000 this summer so far.They rack up fast when commuting almost 100 miles a day.

Back