What is considered high mileage for a busa?

dentonbusa

Registered
Just wondering I have 20,000 miles on a stock busa beside d@d bolt ons. It as had regular maintence oil and filter ect.. Runs as good when I bought it new in 05. When would you guys conisder buying a new busa due to mileage? What do you guys consider high mileage for a well mantined busa?

I would say not to the members that have over 100k on theirs. At 20 your barely broken in.
beerchug.gif

Do you consider 20K miles high for a modern state of the art 4 stroke liquid cooled car engine? My guess is you'd consider that car practically brand new.

20K miles is high for the original chain/sprockets/cush rubbers and that's about it.

I wouldn't buy a bike with that many miles but I've put a lot more than that on my '03.

--Wag--

My 06, purchased in February of 06 will turn over 20,000 this weekend and its still a brand new bike.  Been thru CA, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID, WA and OR.  Brand new.  Plugs and valve check at 14,000, air filter at 10,000, DID ZVM2 XRing chain at 18,800, Throttlemeister, V1, modded stock cans (but not for touring) Amsoil since breakin, Michelins, usual service intervals and 89 octane gas.  Brand new, no foolin!
laugh.gif
I forgot, new rear brake pads at 9,000. Didn't think I even used the rear brakes...
biggrin.gif

lawley1_R1_030_13A__Small_.jpg

My 05 has 37K and runs like new. Other than tires, oil changes, plugs, brake pads,air cleaner and a new chain, and cush rubbers, I have not made a single repair to it.

I would worry more about how hard it was driven rather than how far.

Most ad's I see for Hayabusa's say or state "adult owner or never raced, or something to that fact" but I think that is just BS.

I know that anyone given the chance to open her up will, maybe not all the way, but much more than the law allows. I would also say once you get a taste of that you will want more. The kicker is, you see these ad's then they list all the mods? Why do you need all this high tech race stuff if your just puttering around?

Anyhow I have 28K on my 02' Only major prob was Fuel pump/filter. Just changed last week and boom! she feels like she is shot out of a cannon all the time now.

I hope she lasts forever!!!!!

(rockadaous @ Oct. 02 2007,22:06) I'd say you need to ride more. I have an 06 with that lol
+1
I wish I could, no I will! Wait if I ride faster then I'll get more miles faster too! Wait thats not safe and now I'm thread-jacking
AAAssjani.gif

I have a 2003 with 44,000 miles....runs perfect.....killed a z10 and z12 just the other day and the z12 was modded....

runs like new...but I take good care of her.....I hear some folks get near or above 100,000 on these things.....

20k on my '06 and she's still a new toy

I've thought about resale on what most people would consider a "high mileage" sport bike. Truth is, there are too many bikes around that people never ride. You'll always be competing with 2 year old bikes with 2-5k miles. Unless you give it away, people will go for the lesser mile units.

IMO, at 20k you're beyond the point of no return on a decent resale number. Take care of her and ride her forever. Like everyone is saying, they are built to last with proper maintenance.

50-60 K should be considered high.

20 is nothing , if you have done chain+ sprockets,spark plugs, air filter, brake pads, synched TB, and checked valves.

I will tell you at about 35 K on my 06 I did do the steering head and wheel bearings, plus new cush drives.

If you keep up with the wear items, darn things run forever.
super.gif

regular scheduled maintainence will make them last; years ago, Jap bikes were throw aways after 10k

Back