HID lights

PB1

Formerly Rosung Petty
Registered
Busa team,
Just ordered an HID light kit. I like to be seen but after the purchase my co-worker mentioned the get to hot for motorcycles?

Any thoughts?

PB1

What wattage did you get? 35w should be fine, 55 will do ok, but someone needs to chime in that has 55w HID.

35 or 55w will be fine. For plug and play you need to specify motorcycle. Don't know if that's all manufacturers.

Really don't know what the watt was but I check tomorrow. Thanks for the insight

PB1

They can get hot if you got a 55w set. I run a 35w set, and I have heard people running the 55w without any issues. Also, not sure what color you got, but 4300-5000 Kelvin gives the most usable light - anything above that is too far into the UV range, and does not provide as much usable light.

i've got a 55w for the last 35,000 miles no issues . I think its the 6000k (the white) . One of the best mods I've done to the bike

I've been running 5000k 55w DDM tuning kit for the last month and about 1000 miles with no problems.

Mine are also 55W - 5000K running without any problems.

Only down fault is the the time the High beam takes to reach full capacity. Sometime your switching it off again before it gets full beam.
With that said I wouldn't have anything else....

P.S. Make sure you get LED Parker lights to go with them. The standard look ridiculous with the HID's.

001.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

4300k is the closest to sunlight and therefore the brightest. the 5000 and 6000k look good to. anything above that not so much and you wont see as well.

Yeah the whole temperature thing is myth. It's a proven fact that HID bulbs burn at much lower temps than regular incandescent bulbs. HIDs are the way to go

Mine are also 55W - 5000K running without any problems.

Only down fault is the the time the High beam takes to reach full capacity. Sometime your switching it off again before it gets full beam.
With that said I wouldn't have anything else....

P.S. Make sure you get LED Parker lights to go with them. The standard look ridiculous with the HID's.

What do you mean park lights?

PB1

So I got the bike out of the shop today. I added the HID light but the without the park lights to match it doesn't look right. Also I want to sell the left over faring even with the scratches I wonder if there is a market for that?

Can I just disconnect the power to the park lights?

Back