HID install

CMEPASU

Registered
Just finished installing the Xenon King 5k McCulloch HID system on the 05LE. It wasn't as difficult as I expected, actually it was easy. If you can plug and unplug wires and turn a few bolts you can install this kit. I have to thank Ryan at Xenon King for great customer service and super fast shipping, $162 to my door.
I would also like to thank Icemann who helped out big time and went above and beyond the call of duty to assist from 2,000 miles away.
I just changed the low beam and the difference from stock is flippin' amazing! No comparison whatsover. It is soooo easy to aim the beam after installation as well. The pic below is before with stock lighting. The second pic is after.

DSC00113.JPG

The pics don't do the HID justice, maybe it's just my lack of photography skill. On the street you will be amazed at the change. The stock high beam is worthless at this point. Highly recommended must do mod. I'm sure Ebert would give it two thumbs up.....Here's the after pic. Later

DSC00121.JPG

Welcome to the world of light.............
smile.gif

nICE to have friends on the board willing to go the extra distance!

Being able to see and being heard are 2 of the most important mods in my opinion. Wouldn't want to do without the HID.

Rosco, from my research and listening to others feedback on the matter, I decided not to go with the high beam. I still have the stock high beam but I don't use it anymore. (don't need to) I believe just the low beam is fine, especially after riding for a few days. It's unreal how much the HID illuminates the road. Would be worth two or three times what I paid for the system.

Rosco, from my research and listening to others feedback on the matter, I decided not to go with the high beam. I still have the stock high beam but I don't use it anymore. (don't need to) I believe just the low beam is fine, especially after riding for a few days.  It's unreal how much the HID illuminates the road.  Would be worth two or three times what I paid for the system.
Thanks for the feedback, looks like just doing the low beam would be a boon for safety.

Might be my next mod after I get over my latest ....hmm....speeding issue.
tounge.gif

After you installed the HID for the low-beam, can even tell a difference when you turn the standard high-beam on?

Can you give the rest of us more info on the system and where to get it? Maybe a link to a website or something?

You said $162. What all does that come with and what else do you need? Or is that plug and play ready to ride for $162?

Looks like it would be worth the money, I am seriously thinking about it.
wink.gif

Xenonking.com Good people. Sorry, I cant type for sheeat! Or spell!

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130858293 -->

Back