HID Install

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
I just installed a McCulloch HID system and I have a couple questions. Did any body take any pictures of their install?
The plastic piece that holds the bulb that is under the metal retaining spring just doesnt look right to me. It doesnt fit down into the hole where the buld goes like the stock one. The other deal is. The wrong connector came with this kit to plug power wires into stock connector for the low beam H7 bulb. I just plugged the spade terminals into the factory connector and I could tape them to cover them up but the high beam connector that came with the kit works slick so I think there has to be one for the low side also. Do the people that installed both high and low bulbs notice that it takes a while for the high beam to light up when you flip the switch and the bike is not running? I dont notice it when the bike is running.

I just installed a McCulloch HID system and I have a couple questions. Did any body take any pictures of their install?
The plastic piece that holds the bulb that is under the metal retaining spring just doesnt look right to me. It doesnt fit down into the hole where the buld goes like the stock one. The other deal is. The wrong connector came with this kit to plug power wires into stock connector for the low beam H7 bulb. I just plugged the spade terminals into the factory connector and I could tape them to cover them up but the high beam connector that came with the kit works slick so I think there has to be one for the low side also. Do the people that installed both high and low bulbs notice that it takes a while for the high beam to light up when you flip the switch and the bike is not running? I dont notice it when the bike is running.
All kits come with a useless harness . You can either .
Pull the pins out and connect them them . ITs the black and white wires. OR Hot wire it with tape (better).

I dont have the high beam HID but I see your point tho . Its takes a couple of seconds for the bulb to warm up.
If you notice the new generation HID on cars have sockets that actually move to high beam instead of having 2 hid bulbs.

Thanks for the info guys. In the second picture if the dust boot wasnt there I could see how that bulb retainer fits. I could hard wire that connection but I hate hacking up the wire harness.

Back