HID install, how hard is it?

and before you ask :

Windscreen removal :

Unscrew two screws.
Lightly lift tab on rubber grommet to get a better hold on it and slowly pull them out.
Both screw and Grommet must come out to get screen out.
Then wiggle screen out and do install.
To put it back in :
Thread screws into grommets one to two turns, lick grommet or apply a lil lube and push it in.
After grommet pops in remove screw and push windscreen back in.
Then insert two screws .
Your done.

well, i finally went ahead and ordered the kit with h7/h9 bulbs-6000. Had 2 last quick questions. The running lights, i can just pick some led lights up at the local auto parts store that will work fine, correct? Also, when removing the gauges, is it just 2 bolts and then it pulls/un-snaps straight back? Thanks for all the help and hopefully the install goes smoothly

Yes but I had a heck of a time finding any locally so I ordered them as you see in thread.

Gauge pod.
Two bolts I believe and it will tilt forward but not too far as tension on harness that plugs into back will prevent it from moving too far.
Like WarbirdII said LAY A TOWEL OVER TRIPLE TREE to prevent scratching it of Fn it up.
The harness you may have to hire a midget with small fingers to undo as its a pita !

3 minute response time, faster than Apple but I'm slippin sorry .
:laugh:

Last edited:
Yes but I had a heck of a time finding any locally so I ordered them as you see in thread.

Gauge pod.
Two bolts I believe and it will tilt forward but not too far as tension on harness that plugs into back will prevent it from moving too far.
Like WarbirdII said LAY A TOWEL OVER TRIPLE TREE to prevent scratching it of Fn it up.
The harness you may have to hire a midget with small fingers to undo as its a pita !

3 minute response time, faster than Apple but I'm slippin sorry .

8mm bolt heads! For the speedo cluster! PEP Boys and Auto Zone ( in my area) carry white leds that you use for the running lights!

Part#LI-194w

Made by pilot "white"
LED Indicator Lamp by Pilot - Part LI-194W - Advance Auto Parts

Pilot Automotive Light Bulbs

8mm bolt heads! For the speedo cluster! PEP Boys and Auto Zone ( in my area) carry white leds that you use for the running lights!

Part#LI-194w

Made by pilot "white"
LED Indicator Lamp by Pilot - Part LI-194W - Advance Auto Parts

Pilot Automotive Light Bulbs

But see Warbird that one led seems to be the hottest LED all the hispanics use down here as all I found was empty hooks in every store with those numbers on them.

I believe you may remember the texts and calls that day.
You still owe me 5 bucks for gas cuz I drove all over creation looking for them !
:rofl:

But see Warbird that one led seems to be the hottest LED all the hispanics use down here as all I found was empty hooks in every store with those numbers on them.

I believe you may remember the texts and calls that day.
You still owe me 5 bucks for gas cuz I drove all over creation looking for them !
:rofl:

Yes that would be them! And no refund on your 5 bucks!:rulez::poke::laugh::lol:

Back